on 10 May 2017
This is the best e-book on how to make BIR curries, the only book out there which is better is the hard back version which has just been released and contains further updates on how to improve your curries to a whole new level.
on 9 April 2017
Have used a few recipes so far and liked how they turned out.
on 5 May 2013
After making some of these curries I found the recipes produced curries that my family and myself just love. Once you become confident of your new 'skill' at cooking fantastic flavoured food you can start to experiment. And so its great to be able to contact the author and ask questions, read about ideas and inspirations on his web blog and from his conversation with his readers/twitter followers.

From the moment I started making my own curries I have also saved money. The e-Book is very good value for money. I use the kindle to follow the recipe in the kitchen, and when I want to see the pictures of all the deliciously looking dishes in full colour, I browse it on my PC using the Kindle app.
on 1 September 2016
Love it (Thanks)
on 18 April 2017
No more ordering Takeaway!
I can now make the best curry and Naan Thank you Dan.
on 7 December 2015
Fabulous recipes.
on 11 June 2017
Spot on
on 25 June 2017
this book is really good some good advice thanks
on 17 March 2014
I have a few Madhur Jaffrey books and really enjoy cooking Indian food (her Keema recipe is amazing and VERY easy).

However I decided to try this book because I could buy it for reading on my tablet and it got such good reviews. Which are well deserved!

I made the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was properly good, would pay good money for it from a restaurant level of good. I wasn't convinced after I made the initial batch of 'base' curry sauce but by the time I had finished it off, it was gorgeous. I also made the onion bhajis (which were so much more successful that another recipe I had found online) and also the naan bread. Again, I wasn't convinced when making the naan bread as it doesn't use yeast (as Madhur Jaffrey does) but I have to say that it was lighter and less doughy for that reason.

I like the fact that once you've made your base sauce (which makes enough for about 6 meals each for 4 people), it's just a matter of adding a few more ingredients to create whichever Indian delight takes your fancy.

Almost quicker than getting in the car and driving to collect a takeaway, cheaper and tastier!

Highly recommend.
on 20 March 2014
When you cook at home you want one of two results: that comforting home-cooked meal, like grandma's apple crumble. Or you want it to taste like it would in a restaurant. I believe the latter is the harder and more valiant goal to achieve and yet this book allows you to achieve it.

I've just finished making the Garlic Chili Chicken recipe and genuinely, if you were to put a takeaway one or the homemade one in front of me, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. That isn't a testament to my cooking prowess (which is at best average) but to the incredible recipes and easy-to-follow instructions in this book.

True - the recipes require far more effort and ingredients than just bunging in a jar of ready-made curry paste, but like that you will never be able to achieve the authentic RESTAURANT taste. I highlight the word restaurant because this book is not, nor does it profess to be, a book of authentic Indian recipes. Rather, it shows you exactly how to make your curries taste the same as if they were bought from you local takeaway. After all, who among us would argue they aren't the best?

Truly deserving of the 5 stars. Thank you Dan.