The British General Election of 2005 Paperback – 7 Nov 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'...the Nuffield series...has consistently offered both the best insider account and best analysis.' - Peter Riddell, Times
'No British election is complete without David Butler. His Nuffield studies, a unique cocktail of analysis, narrative and insider insight, are the authoritative guide to postwar electoral politics.' - Andrew Adonis, Times Literary Supplement
'A formidable achievement...The Nuffield election studies have become by now almost part of our democratic fabric.' - Anthony Howard, The Listener
'The renowned Nuffield election books demand shelf space and deserve frequent reference. Essential to the scholar of the British politics of our time.' - Robert Worcester, MORI, Parliamentary History
'Anyone familiar with previous volumes knows what a joy this book is, how it is packed with juicy morsels of political fact and incisive analysis.' - Jay Adams, Times Higher Education Supplement
'If generations to come want to know exactly what happened they have a reliable source to look it up in...the solid, objective, verifiable story of what happened, when and why, set in impeccably numerate context.' - David McKie, Guardian
'The best series anywhere on national elections.' - Lancelot L. Farrar, Annals of American Academy of Political and Social Science
About the Author
DENNIS KAVANAGH is Professor of Politics at the University of Liverpool, UK, having previously been Professor of Politics at the University of Nottingham and Senior Lecturer in Government at Manchester University. His works include Political Science and Political Behaviour, Thatcherism and British Politics, British Politics: Continuities and Change, Politics and Personalities, and The Politics of the Labour Party. He has been the co-author of the Nuffield election studies from 1974 onwards.
DAVID BUTLER, a Fellow of Nuffield College, Oxford, UK, has been associated with the Nuffield election studies since 1945 and has been the author or co-author of each one since 1951. He is well known for his election commentaries on television and radio, and he has written widely on British, American and Australian politics.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > UK
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Democracy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Structure & Processes > Elections & Referendums