- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The British Home Front First World War 1914-1918 [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The enlisting and conscription of recruits and their preliminary military drills and training. Citizens protests against pacifists, Germans, high food prices, conscription and others demanding alcohol prohibition and enemy internment. The changing role of women; women as land girls, grocers, navvies, gas workers, brewers, munition workers, postal workers, firefighters and locomotive engineers. Emergency services; police, ambulance and fire brigade. Attack from the air by Zeppelin bombers and from the sea by U-Boat. Rationing, salvage, War Bond and communal kitchen campaigns. The wartime wounded; convalescent homes, shellshock victims, war neuroses, amputee / artificial limb training. A look at the home front Railways. Royal tours around the homeland; including visits to London, Bath, Clydeside and Tyneside. The Victory Parades.