British Campaign Medals, 1914-2005 (Shire Album) Paperback – 1 Feb 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Peter Duckers has been a collector of British campaign and gallanary medals for many years and now specialises in awards ito the Indian Army. He is a Fellow of the royal Asiatic Society, a Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society, a member of the Orders and Medals Research Society, the Military Historical Society and the Indian Military Historical Society. He is the curator of the Shropshire Regimental Museum at the Castle, Shrewsbury.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is a splendid and invaluable source of reference covering the war and campaign medals awarded to British service personnel between 1914 and the present day. It is smack up to date, it is very readable, handy in size and provides more than enough information to cover general queries and also points you in the right direction for further research, medal specialists and auction houses.
Besides detailing the basic history behind the award, readers will find the excellent quality full colour photographs exceptionally useful for both reference and recognition purposes.
I am a great lover of these little books - I have owned and used them personally for my own research and collecting purposes for over forty years and they have never failed me yet.
For the price of a sandwich and a can of cola (which last you ten minutes), you have a book here that will serve you a lifetime.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This should be combined with its sister publication, as both are good books.Published 2 months ago by OldGrumpy359
a very useful reference book with lots of excellent photosPublished 17 months ago by Jane Ainsworth
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Military History > Military Life & Institutions
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Coins, Medals & Seals
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Militaria & Weapons