- Also check our best rated Child Car Seat reviews
Britax Eclipse Group 1 Car Seat (Max/Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Group 1 car seat suitable for children weighing 9-18 kg (approximately 9 months-4 years)
- Installation with either a 3-point seat belt or a 2-point lap belt
- Four recline positions
- Unique Pitch Control System reduces the child's forward movement within the seat in the event of an impact
- Ships in certified frustration-free packaging
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Britax Eclipse is the safe solution for smaller and older vehicles
With its slim base and flexible installation options, the Eclipse is a great choice for older or smaller cars, without compromising on the safety and comfort of your infant.
Britax Eclipse is ideal for:
- Toddlers weighing between 9 and 18kg
- Older cars fitted with two-point lap belts
- Smaller cars and cars with sculptured seats
- Taking on aeroplanes
The Eclipse fits cars that other seats don’t
The Britax Eclipse can be installed using either a 3-point seat belt or the 2-point lap belt found in older cars and in the middle seat of some newer vehicles. It has a narrow base, making it suitable use in cars where there is limited space, such as smaller cars, three-door cars or cars with sculptured seating.
Deep, softly padded wings provide side impact protection
One out of four car accidents is a side collision and side collisions account for 20% of child fatalities, so it is vital to provide side protection for your child. The Eclipse plus has deep, softly padded side wings which ensure your child is protected in the event of a side collision and provide extra comfort and support on every journey.br>
Five-point harness for a secure position
Britax advocates children remaining in a properly positioned five-point harness for as long as possible. The Eclipse has a harness with five attachment points: two at the shoulder, two at the hips, and one between the legs, ensuring your child remains securely in the seat. The harness can be adjusted with one pull.
Full feature list
It is important that you make an informed decision when buying a car seat. This list of all the safety and comfort features should help you decide if the Britax Eclipse is the right car for your child and your requirements.
- 5-point safety harness with one pull adjustment
- Side Impact Protection with deep, softly padded side wings
- Unique pitch control system reduces forward movement in the event of an accident
- Performance chest pads
- Spring loaded belt locEclipse mechanism allows easy installation
- Slim base for a better fit in sculptured seats
- Softly padded and washable cover
- 3-point seat belt or 2 lap belt installation
- Multi-recline positions the seat adjusts without disturbing your child
- Harness retainers make it easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Aircraft approved--TUV Certified for air travel
If this car seat does not have all the features you want, why not look at the Britax Car Seat Buying Guide to see which of their other car seats might be more suitable.
Why buy a Group 1 single group car seat?
Single group seats have the optimum shape designed for the weight of the child. They also offer additional comfort and practicality. Group 1 seats have comfortable recline systems that are easy to adjust while the child is in the seat and seat is fitted to the car.
When is your child ready for a Group 1 car seat?
Group 1 car seats are suitable for children weighing between 9 and 18 kg (approximately 9 months to 4 years old). You should move from a Group 0+ to a Group 1 seat when your child exceeds the weight limit and can sit up unaided with confidence or if their head is higher than the top of the infant carrier.
Car seat safety essentials
- Never buy a second hand car seat--you cannot know its full history and it may have been weakened or damaged in a previous incident or have parts missing.
- Buy the right car seat for your child's weight--age ranges are just a guideline.
- Move your child up to the next car seat group when they outgrow their current seat, but don’t be in a rush to do this too soon.
- Install the seat according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Always use the car seat, even on very short journeys.
Fabric choices to suit all tastes
The 2012 Eclipse is available in a choice of five fabric covers. Part of the Trend Line range, the Max cover is a classic black--the most popular choice for car seats. Trend Line covers are easy to clean, being removable and machine washable.
Spare covers are available separately for the Eclipse, which you can use when the original is being washed or just to give the seat a new look. For car journeys in hotter weather, you may also want a Keep Cool Cover.
Why choose a Britax car seat?
When you buy a Britax car seat, you can be reassured that you are benefiting from over 40 years of experience and innovation in child safety. Britax made its first child car seat in the 1960s and has continued to innovate and influence in this market ever since. In collaboration with VW, Britax developed the ISOFIX system that is now an international standard, as well as creating the first adjustable child seat and the first ever baby carrier specifically for newborn passengers.
Britax’s products are tested to the highest standards and it is one of very few brands to own in-house crash-test systems--the kind used in the automotive industry-–ensuring it provides optimum protection and safety for children. This is one of many reasons that the brand has become a much-appreciated partner of automobile clubs, government agencies and other transport-related institutions. Beyond this, Britax listens to its customers and feeds their experiences into future product developments, so that their car seats and travel systems meet real-life needs.
1 x Car seat
1 x instruction manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Very comfortable for my baby in both short and long journeys.
Great for baby to have sleep in as chair reclines back to babies needs.
Babies head can't go forward which is brilliant.
I mind children and have used alot of different ones and this is the best one to date would reccomend to all my family and friends.
Most recent customer reviews