- Also check our best rated Child Car Seat reviews
Britax Baby-Safe Plus SHR II Infant Carrier - Group 0 + (Birth - 12/15 Months), Chili Pepper
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- D-SIP technology provides side impact protection
- Single-handed release mechanism for easy release from pushchairs
- Adjustable headrest, harness and handle
- Integral recline system for a flatter lying position
- Deep and softly padded side wings for your baby's safety and comfort
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers also shopped for
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Transfers easily from car to pushchair without disturbing your sleeping baby
The Baby-Safe Plus SHR II is the ideal first car seat from birth, offering superior side impact protection with Britax's innovative D-SIP technology. The integral recline system allows for a flatter position for your baby to lie, while the integrated adapters allow you to attach the infant carrier quickly onto any of Britax's pushchairs to form a travel system. The single-handed release button also offers easy release from the pushchair using just one hand.
Suitable for children from birth until 13 kg in weight (approximately 12 to 15 months old), the Baby-Safe Plus SHR II Infant Carrier is ideal for car journeys, air travel, and bringing your baby home from the hospital. Combined with Britax's B-Smart, B-Agile, or B-Dual pushchairs, you can create your ideal travel system.
The D-SIP is a unique D-shaped safety device that has been engineered into both sides of the Baby-Safe Plus SHR II. The D-SIP nearside the car door is simply lifted when installing the infant carrier in the car, and the audible click indicates that the D-SIP is locked in place.
In the event of a side collision, the D-SIP system works by impacting on the door early, thus reducing any momentum gained in a crash. The crash energy is then distributed throughout the infant carrier over a longer time, minimising the harmful impact to your baby. Extra impact pads have also been added in the hip area to provide even further protection. When the D-SIP is not in use, it neatly folds away.
Single-handed release mechanism
Integral adapters allow simple attachment to Britax pushchairs that include the Click & Go feature, and the innovative single-handed release button offers easy release from the pushchair with just one hand.
The infant carrier is installed in the car by one of three options using your car's three-point seatbelt or one of Britax's bases for an easier and more secure installation. The integrated adapters allow you to simply attach the infant carrier onto the pushchair to form a travel system.
Fabric choices to suit all tastes
The Baby-Safe Plus SHR II is available in a variety of colours. The cover is softly padded for your baby's comfort, while being removable and washable for your convenience. Spare covers are available separately for the Baby-Safe, which you can use when the original is being washed or just to give the seat a new look. For car journeys in hotter weather, you may also want a Summer Cover or a Keep Cool Cover.
Features of the Baby-Safe Plus SHR II
- D-SIP technology provides superior side impact protection
- Single-handed release mechanism for travel systems
- Aircraft-approved – TUV-certified for air travel
- 5-point safety harness with one-pull adjustment
- Integral recline system for a flatter position for your baby to lie
- Deep softly padded side wings for baby's safety and comfort
- Integrated adapters allowing attachment to most Britax pushchairs with the Click & Go feature
- Soft touch area on the handle for comfortable carrying
- Sun/wind canopy with 50+ UV protection
- Three-position carry handle with single-handed adjustment
- Softly padded and washable quick-remove cover that can be replaced without interfering with the harness
- Chest pads for the child's comfort
- Installation with the vehicle's 3-point seatbelt
- Installation with Baby-Safe belted base or Baby-Safe Isofix base
- Height-adjustable headrest and harness system with easy adjustment from the front
Why buy a Group 0+ single group car seat?
Single group seats have the optimum shape designed for the weight of the child and offer additional comfort and practicality. Group 0+ seats are more portable and can be used in the home, the car, and as part of a travel system on a pushchair. They are suitable for babies weighing up to 13 kg (from birth to approximately 12 or 15 months old).
Car seat safety essentials
- Never buy a second-hand car seat – you can not know its full history, and it may have been weakened or damaged in a previous incident or have parts missing
- Buy the right car seat for your child's weight – age ranges are just guidelines
- Move your child up to the next car seat group when they outgrow their current seat, but don't rush to do this too soon
- Install the seat according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Always use the car seat, even on very short journeys
Why choose a Britax car seat?
When you buy a Britax car seat, you can be reassured that you are benefitting from over 40 years of experience and innovation in child safety. Britax's products are tested to the highest standards, and it is one of very few brands to own in-house crash-test systems – the kind used in the automotive industry – ensuring it provides optimum protection and safety for children. Beyond this, Britax listens to its customers and feeds their experiences into future product developments, so that their car seats and travel systems meet real-life needs.
N/B: The logo on the product may vary from this image, due to a change in our logo design. The design of the product has not changed.
1 x Baby Safe SHR II
1 x User Guide
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would strongly recommend purchasing the base to go in the car as this increases the stability and the ease of getting in and out of car.
I would recommend it to anyone doing a lot of transferring of infant in and out of car.