Britannia Royal Naval College 1905-2005: A Century of Officer Training at Dartmouth Hardcover – 7 Apr 2005
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
This edition is now out of print.
Top customer reviews
The College has also enjoyed a close association with the Royal Family, three twentieth century monarchs having received a Dartmouth education, in addition to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (who provided the foreword), HRH The Prince of Wales and HRH The Duke of York. The two World Wars also left their mark on the College and their impact is assessed. The first conflict saw the early mobilisation of the College for war, while the second witnessed the bombing of the College itself. Finally the day-to-day life of the College, throughout a century punctuated by change, is examined to prove that the fundamental values of tradition, respect and leadership remain as valid today as one hundred years ago.
"The quality of the production, the splendid illustrations and a text that really does convey the message, all add up to a powerful record and a positive and confident statement of the future. The book is an immaculate record of a great first century. It is the most flattering credit to the College and to the Royal Navy.”
Roy Clare, Director of the National Maritime Museum
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Higher & Further Education
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Naval Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > World History > Maritime History & Piracy
- Books > Reference > Transport > Ships
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > Maritime Archaeology