on 15 April 2016
I love this book and I recommend it to all my pregnant friends and family. I read it before my first baby and now im reading it again before the birth of my second in a few weeks time. My daughter is 19 months old now and when I first read it I thought that alot of the info sounded like common sense and that I would def do as the French but reading it now, its like a breath of fresh air again, and I see that I have actually fallen into the trap of many of the non French moms, obsessing/anxious/guilt ridden- feelings that are expected of moms it appears.
Unfortunately the UK/Ireland is VERY like America now, especially when it comes to parenting, so I related to everything in those terms. I bought all the What to Expect and have Gina Fords full book collection and Baby Whisperer, but this book is the most practical and honest one and yes some argue its common sense but really, common sense goes out the window when you have small children-lack of sleep maybe?

I cannot praise this much more than telling you its a fantastic book for mommas who sometimes feel like the dont know what the hell they are doing and want a laugh and some to tell you to basically not sweat the small stuff. French mantra being happy momma is a happy baby.

I know this wont be the last time I read it :)
on 8 August 2014
I haven't finished but so far so good
on 10 May 2014
I bought this book after my wife kept laughing at her foreign language version. I was intrigued what was making her laugh so much. So I bought my own version. I was not disappointed. Druckerman has written in a witty and engaging manner. As a soon-to-be new parent, I found the book contained some useful ideas on getting babies to sleep and children to eat a wide variety of foods. I discussed the book with a French friend who said that it is true many of the ideas are "accepted wisdom" in France. I liked this book so much I'm giving my copy to my brother and his wife who are also expecting a baby. I write an update once I've put the ideas into practice.
on 2 May 2017
Great
on 10 February 2014
I adore this book. It's fresh and personal and makes you feel as though you're having a conversation with the very smart author herself.
on 28 August 2014
I love this book but a word of caution it's just French Children Don't Throw Food with a different title. Dur. Oh well, a friend will appreciate it x
on 8 August 2013
Really enjoyable read and, while completely and deliberately unscientific, very informative and inspirational too. Written in an entertaining style it includes lots of the tips covered in the Baby Whisperer etc but presented in a funny, anecdotal way. After reading the chapter on sleeping through the night I decided to try it and have had unbroken sleep since! May be appreciated most by those with some interest in France.
on 22 October 2014
Well, that was same wording as in 'French Children don't throw food'. Disappointing a bit as i hoped for a different story not same copy/paste :(
on 30 March 2014
We read this book and some academic articles about helping our baby "do it's nights". I liked the narrative style of this book although some might find it rambly. Our 4 month old daughter is currently sleeping 8 hours a night.
on 12 March 2015
I wish I had read this book seven months ago! There are so many helpful hints (particularly about sleeping). It is also really fun and entertaining to read. I am recommending it to all my friends with young children.