- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Brilliant Teaching Assistant: What You Need to Know to be a Truly Outstanding Teaching Assistant (Brilliant Teacher) Paperback – 31 Mar 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
What does it really take to become a brilliant teaching assistant?
Are you getting the most out of your current support role? Are you aware of the training and development opportunities available to you? How do you become more effective in the classroom? What can you do to take your career further?
Brilliant Teaching Assistant answers these questions and many more. Outlining the key duties and responsibilities of the role, and illustrated with examples from practical contexts, Louise Burnham will show you how to shine in the classroom and focus on your continuing professional development to aim for the next step in your career in education.
- Understand the school curriculum, timetabling and planning
- Work more effectively with other school staff
- Learn what you can do to better support the pupils in your care
Encourages the idea of excelling, rather than just surviving.
Gareth Hawkins, classroom teacher
About the Author
Louise Burnham currently works as an early years and primary teacher. She also led teaching assistant training and worked on childcare and teaching courses at a London FE college for a number of years as a tutor and assessor. Louise has written many books for early years and teaching assistant qualifications, and continues to work with early years and teaching assistant students.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Useful reference book
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A basic advice book. Great if you are new to the role, but if you have much experience it will just tell you what you know.Published 7 months ago by Mrs M.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Education Management & Organisation
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Care & Counselling > Bullying & Violence
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies