Bridge Into The New Age CD
|Price:||£13.85 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* The late 60s saw a flowering of expression in black American arts. Its core was a spirituality fed from the ongoing civil-rights movement and a search for African roots. Jazz music and jazz musicians desperately sought out a role at a time when soul was the musical voice of black America. "Bridge Into The New Age" looks at an era when these concerns were addressed by mixing jazz with latin, African and soul rhythms; album and song titles expressed the concerns of the both the mind and the spirit. It is an amazing melting pot of seductive music.
* This CD includes sought-after records from Azar Lawrence, Gary Bartz and Jack DeJohnette, who learned their trade playing in the ground-breaking early 70s groups of Miles Davis on albums such as "On The Corner" and "Agartha". The post-Coltrane school of jazz is represented by Coltrane's pianist McCoy Tyner on the beautiful `Ebony Queen'. Norman Connors, whose path from Pharoah Sanders' band to jazz funk chart star hit a crucial mark with the release of `Mother Of The Future', which has become a UK jazz dance classic. It features dream-like vocals from Jean Carne, as does our title track by Azar Lawrence. The star of our show is Joe Henderson, who hooks up with Coltrane's widow Alice for the inspirational `Fire', and whose beautiful chant-led `Tress-Cun-Deo-La' has also been chosen.
* The Norman Connors' `Mother Of The Future' and Gary Bartz's `I've Known Rivers' are both big records on the UK jazz dance scene. Also featured are delicate improvisational masterpieces: DeJohnette's `Brown, Warm and Wintry', Woody Shaw's `A Deed For Dolphy' and Idris Muhammad's amazing modal groove on `Peace'. This is deep, but accessible music for the soul.