on 24 November 2016
To be honest I read this book because I had just read another book from the same series but had not been in love with it. The synopsis really convinced me to give this book a try and I really have to say Ms St Clair you have redeemed yourself with this book.
I thought a considerate effort had been made in character and plot development. The genuine emotion really could be felt and picked up that as a reader I felt engaged and was genuinely interested in the destiny of these two love birds.

The heroine really portrayed some believable attributes that really had me rooting for both characters.
And oh my was the romance steamy or what !!! These two were an awesome pair
on 5 August 2017
I really enjoyed this book.it was funny with loads of sexy bits.
I love the timber wolves it's a great series
on 22 May 2015
Good read looking forward to reading the next one. Good story lines, what happens next with the lack can they move forward and update their laws.
on 21 July 2014
I loved this book. I loved everything about this story, the concept, the storyline and the characters. It was a fantastic start to a new series and I can't wait for book 2!
on 9 August 2014
I have really enjoyed reading this book I look forward to the next one in the series can not wait to read it
on 12 September 2014
Loved it can't wait for the next one! Great idea to have a town very few humans find their way to.
on 26 August 2014
Easy sort read with a fairly good plot for what it is.
on 21 August 2014
What to expect (negative): A few typos, a faster courtship pace, less depth

What to expect (positive): Strong characters, interesting concepts, pleasant storyline, the promise of even better books to come in the series

At around 150 pages, Bride of the Alpha is a sweet little novella. The length seems typical for many of the novellas coming out in the paranormal romance genre lately, and the story does not disappoint. The cover is similar to the books in Georgette St. Clair’s Blue Moon Junction series, with a hunky male dominating the space. In comparison to the other covers, however, this cover shows the male from his trim, muscly waist nearly to the top of his head where other covers merely focused on the washboard abdominals and gorgeous pectorals. This fine specimen of a cover model is tanned, with a sculpted body packed with well-defined muscling, and short dark hair. He even has (gasp) is that an earring in his left ear?! To his right a semi-translucent wolf howls against a wooded background. The bottom third of the cover boasts the series title in white, with the book title in a darker cursive below, and the author’s name centered on the bottom in off-white. The background for the lettering is a beautiful mountain landscape with a grassy field dotted with buildings below and snowcapped mountains kissing a bright blue sky. The cover seems to be a good reflection of the book.

St. Clair writes big beautiful women (BBW) very well. The lead female character in this book is someone that I admire and would not mind having on my side in a fight. An elementary school teacher, Josephine is willing to sacrifice herself for her friend’s safety and happiness, stepping up to take her friend’s place in an arranged marriage. Giving her friend the time to escape is one thing, but the Hotty McHottenstein bridegroom makes her realize that perhaps she did not think this rescue mission all the way through…and she might be the one needing a rescue in the end!

Maxwell Battle is pleasantly surprised by the curvy beauty who shows up for the arranged marriage, but he is more than ready to take her on…right after disciplining her for her transgressions in kinky, sexy ways. How long will this farce of a marriage last? Is Maxwell actually going to force her to fulfill her end of the marriage vows, or will he release her? Despite the drama going on at center stage, there are several other conflicts orbiting around the couple in this tale that keeps the action moving through the novella.

Due to the length of the story, some pieces of the puzzle were left incomplete. I am not sure if this is an intentional omission by the author to draw readers along looking for the answers in future books, or if this was a length constraint. The story leaps almost directly into action, which is in standing with the current technique of grabbing the reader’s attention and holding it with quality writing. In exchange for the action, though, we trade off a foundation of details that informs the reader about the rules of this world. How does the pack operate, and how big is the community of shifters in this series – what type of shifters exist in this world? Also, the roles of different individuals within the pack was not quite detailed fully (like the shaman), and I felt that the role of the alpha’s bride in the pack was a little weak. That may sound horribly negative, but I just could not put my kindle down until I had finished this story. I love the Blue Moon Junction series, and I definitely make room for novellas in my reading schedule, so I appreciate the differences between full length novels and the much shorter novella. I would recommend this book as a filler between longer novels, to anyone who is looking for something different in the paranormal romance genre, and to fans of Georgette St. Clair.

Ruckie

You can find the author on her website, Facebook, or Twitter.

If you enjoyed my review, check out my website or find me on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for stopping by!

on 28 July 2014
This is the second book I've read by this author and again the idea behind the story is quite good. Though for the money it's quite a short story. This would get 4 stars if was longer and not so rushed in the storyline and 5 stars for a little more character spin offs i.e the sheriff's stir could be explained a little more or the brothers more involved.
on 1 November 2014
Modern shifter tale, slightly different slant, with lots of twists, action, magic, romance and sex.

Plenty of sexy alphas, a heroine with a feisty attitude, lots of male dominance and some b.d.s.m. play.

I enjoyed this book, it was unique, fresh and the author was able to keep my attention, her books are definitely worth a look at.