on 11 July 2014
This isn't a state of the art rice cooker, but it doesn't have a state of art price. I have used the rice and steamer functions, and both have worked well, following the reasonably clear instructions. I also simmered down some rhubarb on the saute programme. It looks and feels good quality, and the outside doesn't get overly hot. There is a clever plastic cup built into the hinge, which collects all the steam, so no more rattling lid, puddles on the worktop, or wet underneaths of cupboards.

It would have been nice to have advice as to the length of time and temperatures of the various programmes, to allow easier experimenting with it as an electric cooker. It would also be nice to have a handle or lip, to allow easier removal of the hot bowl so cooked food can be cooled more quickly. An extra lid for the bowl once it is removed would also be handy.

It is missing some of the functions of the more expensive ones eg slow cooking, porridge. But if I have a casserole, I like to be able to cook some of my meal separately - extra vegetables, rice or pasta.So one more expensive machine which can do everything but only one at a time, and needing to wash the bowl in between, wouldn't suit me. I had a previous model from Breville and it lasted over 6 years of very regular use.
on 18 November 2013
Needed a new rice cooker after my Tefal one stopped functioning. The closest match was this. Great sleek design. Love the steam extractor, which is part of the lid. My old one had a little perspex condensation collector, which broke the first day i got it. Easy to use. Great price. Looks fantastic in my kitchen.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 August 2015
I've had this for a little while, couple months, and we use it all the time in our house. My only issue is the cable has gotten a bit loose at the plug in so I have to wiggle it a bit in the back of the cooker to get it to turn on.
on 16 June 2014
perhaps mine was faulty, but it didn't switch to keep warm, just kept on going till the rice was solid and stuck to the pan. I really didn't want a gadget I had to stand over constantly checking so have returned it
on 16 September 2014
One of the best kitchen appliances I've bought. Cooks my rice to perfection everytime, without me having to worry about whether a pan on the hob is boiling dry.
on 6 June 2015
Bought this back in March 2014. It's still going string. Mainly been used to cook perfectly soft, fluffy rice!!
on 8 August 2014
The aram was not much helpful than thought and this was a bigger cooker than I was expecting. I experienced switching off while steaming several times. When I tried to have it replaced the supplier asked me to pay the delivery charges. Ended up keeping it as too much of work having it replaced.
on 1 May 2014
This is an excelent product no hassle and very simple to use would highly recommend this .rice comes out perfect
2 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2015
Very good product. Works well. Fast delivery. Thank you
on 6 November 2013
Arrived on time,packed nicely,and what a pleasure to make perfect rice withy no worries and no need to watch or listen to audible signals,great.
4 people found this helpful