Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 30 August 2009
As a previous review mentions, you cannot cook with the lid on so this is an open fryer. Having said that, it heats up very quickly and does a good job of frying. It also has a "cool zone" below the element where stray bits of food can rest without burning which helps the oil stay fresher. It disassembles for cleaning very easily although it doesn't go in the dishwasher. I'm quite happy with this fryer and have enjoyed crispy chicken, onion rings, scampi and chips no problem but I only wanted a reasonably priced basic fryer.
on 7 June 2009
It does the job beautifully and is so easy to clean and maintain. After doing some research prior t purchase, I can say this is a market beater.
on 1 June 2011
I bought this because it has a 3 litre capacity and was labelled as a professional machine and so I thought it would be a good replacement for my now very tired Kenwood deep fat frier. How wrong I was! It is made of light tin, a fair amount of plastic, and it feels and looks cheap and tacky. And that's just the impression out of the box....it gets worse.

When you unpack it there are some immediate things you notice. The design means the lid needs to be off when cooking, okay but not that safe. And whilst cooking you cannot fold the handle down, as a result you can easily knock the frier when full of boiling hot fat. And when cooking chips you give them another heat after the first few minutes, but doing so sends the oil over and above the low back part of the frier. So unsafe is this design and of such poor quality that I immediately saved the new oil that I had placed into it, took the unit apart, cleaned it and put the new oil back into my old but now seen in a new light Kenwood deep fat frier.

Putting it mildly, this is a ghastly cheap tatty no frills as far from professional a deep fat frier that it would be possible to get. But this is just my humble opinion, and what do I know, I just do all the cooking in my house and have done so for the last 23 years, and yes I am a bloke!
on 6 December 2009
Considering this is called 'professional', I was most disappointed with this product. It has more of the feel of an old type chip pan - having to cook with the lid off takes away most of the advantages of deep fat dryers I've been used to. It's certainly not attractive, and the handle does not fold in so it takes up more space that ither sleek fryers.
Not the easiest fryer to clean, and difficult to move away for storage. Compared to others of similar price, it has a cheap feel to it. I decided to give it a try, however, to see if frying with the lid off made items more crisp - sadly not.
on 27 December 2008
Firstly the term "professional" needs to be explained - this only related to cooking professionally if you are only cooking for one person - it is too small for more than that.

More importantly though is that this is far too dangerous for home use - you cook with the lid off and there is no way to secure the lid to the fryer, so even moving it to the cupboard is a worry. We used it once and then went to the shop to buy a replacement.
on 10 March 2010
I bought this the Breville Fryer on 6th February, 2010. A friend told me his parents had purchased one. I have had fryers before, and always assumed they needed a lid while frying. When this one came I was a bit worried, because the lid is removed during frying.Dont know why I was worried at all. It is fantastic, and cooks wonderfully, in half the time of any other fryer I have had.
I have given it 5 stars, because thats all there are, if there more, I would have gladly given them too. I can assure you that, if this product hadnt have been to my satisfaction, I would have written here about it. Thankyou.
on 21 November 2009
this is an ideal deep fat fryer for anyone on a budget or has little room for appliances.cooks well from frozen and ready prepared food.have bought 2 of these fryers so that says it all.
on 6 December 2009
makes perfect home fish and chips Scotch eggs easy to clean and easy to use and well worth the money
on 18 February 2010
Easy to use and professional looking at the same time. Yes you have to keep the lid off when you are frying, but I don't have any problem with that. Size is big enough to feed 2 people, didn't want anything bigger - and the chips are absolutely delicious. Also like that you can easily drain the oil and clean the whole fryer, which we couldn't do with the old one, which got really messy after a while. Real good value for money!
on 4 January 2010
My husband and I had already purchased the above a few months back and are so pleased with it that we bought the In Laws the same model for Christmas!!

Easy to keep clean, easy to use, easy to store - need more be said?

I would recommend it to anyone thinking of buying a deep fat fryer.