on 2 June 2013
Excellent blender, have used it every single day to make smoothies for 4 months and no faults to report. It's good and powerful so can put whole apples and carrots in there. The glass is easy to clean and no gunk gets trapped around the blades, unlike other blenders. The jug is wider than most meaning more of the contents are closer to the blades at the bottom - making it easier for things like pestos and hummus.
55 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2014
Had this blender for over 6 months. Have used it to blend chopped or small fruit with yoghurt and fruit juices. Have also blended frozen berries.

The jug is sturdier than previous blenders I have used but I've found the width mean that not all fruit reaches the blades no matter the speed or pulse setting used. I've had several lumpy smoothies so advise giving it a stir mid way.

The lid also cannot be removed without splattering the contents everywhere. I've had to put a tea towel over when taking off the top to contain splatter. This is less of a problem if you haven't used the pulse setting.
on 22 January 2014
OK, I see the other reviews and should first acknowledged quite a few of the negative points raised.

- Slight electrical smell on the first 10/20 uses but this doesn't effect the stuff blended at all. Its also not that noticeable and gets less with each use.

- Part of the plastic base is attached to the removable glass jug and could lead to some cleaning or dishwasher difficulties. Personally I rinse it straight after using and haven't seen any mess getting trapped in the connecting section (it seems air tight). I think the majority of people would never mark it down for this or even notice such a thing.

- I haven't tried ice yet, read a review where the jug shattered! That's a worry so I might not bother trying ice now if that a deal breaker to you I'd maybe consider that a factor in deciding.

However with all that said the Blender is awesome. Its powerful enough to make really thin smoothies out of even dense ingredients extremely quickly. It's not too noisy compared to other things we have in the kitchen. The build quality looks and feels excellent, the glass is jug is heavy and thick. It holds still even on full blast, you can turn it on and walk off while its running without thinking twice about it being stable.

I use about twice a day at the moment had it about 3 weeks and its something I use for smoothies, milkshakes and soups all the time now.

You can spend a ton on worse than this and the same amount on much less quality items. I'm happy after a lot of research that I got the best deal going. Nearly went with a far more expensive one but I'm glad I got this instead, its doing a perfect job.
on 30 January 2014
I'm surprised at the 5* reviews here, as I find that this blender is simply not powerful enough. I thought that at 800 watts it would work very well, but I've found that when I've added chopped dates, even briefly soaked, there are still chunks left. I also initially thought the wide base was an advantage, but I've found that the blades are too short to effectively chop up the food. I wish I hadn't bought it.
on 30 September 2013
Use this blender for milkshakes and smoothies. The blender glass jug is heavy, the lid is easy to put on and take off. Though even though it is used a couple of times a day, still getting a slight odour when it is in use, thought this ha ve worn off by now, it does seem to affect the running of the blender.
on 11 November 2015
Received this as a gift through electric shopping, my first blender - I thought it was fantastic, powerful, makes a big batch at a time, we made some excellent soups and smoothies. However there were a couple of issues, namely the content needed to always have quite a bit of liquid in order for the blade to create the vacuum for blending, also small amounts of anything just didn't work, so for dips, hummus etc, you end up with too much. More to the point, like a couple of others have noted, despite the seeming sturdiness of this blender, the jug cracked. We have no idea how and don't recall even lightly bumping it. Electric shopping told me to contact Breville and Breville told me to contact electric shopping (also noting that they no longer have the jug so couldn't replace it anyway), went back to electric shopping who said because it was glass the jug replacement wouldn't be covered by the warranty, put me in touch with their spare parts partner, who ended up quoting only for the jug and postage pretty much the cost of replacing the whole thing. So all in all, for a short time, its sucks you in and you think its great, but in the long term its expensively fragile and disappointing.
on 26 August 2013
Solid heavy glass jug means it is very stable in use. Heavy duty motor copes with ice no problem. Lid seems fine and creates good seal.The only downside is the simple control on the front. You have to manually move dial to pulse and then back to center each time you want a pulse. If you can live with the manual control then it does create lovely smooth iced drinks.
on 25 July 2013
The motor can cope with anything from whole carrots to ice cubes. My gripe is the lid. It is a real pain to take off and the sealing rubber parts tend to fling your latest blend around the room. Sort out the lid and it would get more stars.
on 10 January 2014
I have a few products by Breville in my kitchen which are absolutely fine. Having said that, I was quite disappointed by this product. When I washed the jar before using the blender for the first time (which I never did), I realised that - despite some sort of insulation - some water got trapped between the jar and its plastic base (to clarify, the jar and its base are one whole block that sits on the lower part of the blender). Not only liquids trapped under the jar do not look nice, but I believe it can't be too hygienic either - just think about milk... I believe this must be a production defect as, before buying the blender, I noticed that another customer complained about the same problem (I should have taken that comment more seriously!).
on 8 May 2014
Bought this for my health conscious Son who wanted a simple blender that he could chuck everything in to make shakes! He is very pleased with it's ability to produce what he needs and likes it's modern look. Very prompt delivery too!

See one answered question