Breville TECHnique VIN214 Digital Steam Iron - 2,700 Watts
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 2700-Watt steam iron with Cerasol ceramic soleplate and innovative diamond shape for exceptional glidability and movement
- Steaming features include impressive 50 g constant steam, super-powerful 110 g steam shot and vertical steam
- Other features include anti-scale to help prevent limescale build-up, anti-drip to prevent unwanted marks, self-clean to keep the iron at maximum performance and safety auto shut-off
- Large, illuminating 400 ml water tank capacity with dry tank alert and extensive 3 m cord for reach and manoeuvrability
- Digital display and control for ease of use, seven temperature settings and handle illumination
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Ironing is less of a chore with the Breville VIN214 steam iron. With a top-of-the-range 2700 watts (W), it produces more steam and has a reduced heat-up time compared to lesser watt models helping you plough through your pile of laundry very quickly and efficiently. The job is made even easier thanks to the VIN214's ceramic soleplate which provides an incredibly smooth glide through the creased and crumpled clothes so there's no need to work up a sweat when tackling the chore.
This ceramic content affects how well the heat distributes throughout the soleplate, keeping it at the temperature selected and even throughout with no unwanted hot spots that could damage your clothes. It creates an easy and effortless glide during ironing with no snagging and it ensures long-life, protecting the soleplate against scratching and surface damage.
And the ceramic soleplate is given a brilliant boost by the Cerasol coating. This special finish is tough and hard-wearing, maintaining the initial smoothness of the soleplate for longer so that your iron maintains performance.
Additionally the soleplate possesses an innovative diamond shape. This provides a pointed edge at both the top and bottom of the iron easing the resistance when moving the iron in a backwards motion. This enables you to effortlessly move the iron both backwards and forwards, in and out of even the hardest to reach places such as pockets and in-between buttons with ease.
A fundamental principle of ironing is the more steam, the better and so the higher the steam ratings of the iron, the better it will be to use. An iron's steam ratings determine how easy it will be to use, how effective and efficient it is and therefore how much time you can save to do other, more exciting things with your time.
The VIN214 has an impressive 50 grams (g) of constant steam, also known as steam per minute, which is the amount of steam generated by the iron when in normal use. In addition to this, there is also a shot of steam, specifically a super-powerful 110g for the VIN214. This works as an extra boost to help remove those stubborn creases that refuse to budge or give that added crispness when creating creases on trousers. Completing the trio of essential steam features is the vertical steam function. This allows the iron to be used vertically to steam hanging clothes such as dresses or suits or household fabrics such as curtains, so however difficult, delicate or unwieldy the item, it can be thoroughly and properly ironed with ease.
The Breville VIN214 boasts other handy design features to help you breeze through the work. These include:
The iron features a large 400 millilitre (ml) water tank so you can store a considerable amount of water without having to constantly worry about re-filling it and when empty the tank emits a beep or alarm thanks to the dry tank alert so you never need run dry.
The advanced digital display and controls improve the accuracy and ease of selecting and viewing your chosen temperature and further control is offered by the choice of seven temperature settings. These cater for all different types of fabric, so you can afford to be fussy in how you iron your clothes.
The iron is fitted with an extensive 3 metre (m) cord making it easy to move and handle when in use. Both the tank and the handle illuminate for striking effect and adding to the attractive look of the iron is its striking aqua and black design.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I thought iron is just an iron - how wrong I was :)
This is much lighter than our old Tefal, despite having 50% more power.
It is very ergonomic, has plenty no-slip rubber elements on the handle and stand.
Cord is long, with very flexible protector, finally we don't have to use extension on the board.
The iron heats up very quickly, and sounds when desired temperature has been reached (or dropped) - very usefuly.
It glides easily on the fabrics and does the job much faster than our old Tefal.
Digital controls are easy to use and the display with steam, power and low water warning is very useful.
Steam is very good and you can easily iron toughest denims.
The fact that display is in the middle, under the handle, makes it a bit tricky to see the display in some positions, but it's a tiny issue (unless you're to lazy to move your head!) and can't image better place for it with this design.
Perhaps some rectangular LCD on a side in future, but for now can't fault designer's choice really.
It is very safe as turns off after 10s when left flat on the board - so no risk burning anything.
As an additional bonus - it looks really great, all black, electronic display and blue lights when on, very, very modern.
Never though I can write that much about the iron - that tells a lot!
All in all - totally recommended and well deserved 5/5!
- The iron glides over the laundry and irons really really well.
- This iron is actually lighter than many other irons with the same power (only 2.0kg), which was important for me, as I carry a shoulder injury. As I was going through many different models, I learnt that iron actually needs to be heavy to do its job, and this one seems to strike a nice balance between the weight and efficiency.
- The design is very stylish. This helps when you don't like ironing much and anything that can attract you to doing it is good!
- You don't have to use the ironing water, which is very good, as otherwise I might have been bankrupt by now, considering the amount of water this iron goes through. I have been using the filtered water from the fridge and it seems to do the trick. The iron comes with its own container for replenishing water, which makes this task very simple and quick.
- The front is nicely pointed and can reach into the awkward areas of shirts and children's clothing.
- The dial has markings for different type of fabric you need to iron (e.g. wool, silk, cotton, denim, etc.) which is useful to choose the correct setting. The iron warms up very quickly and beeps when hot enough.
- It is a great value for money considering the end result.
- It is very difficult to see the display. It is blue, with black writing on it, hidden under the handle. You need to be at the exact angle to be able to see it. I got use to it by now, but it was driving me crazy to start with. This is probably the biggest fault.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sleek and stylish looking. Have not tried it as it is a spare.Published 19 months ago by valerie byrne