on 11 November 2014
For the price these are ideal as I do a lot of walking. They are relatively easy to put on with a front fastening zip and have an easy to alter under strap. They stay in place without the necessity of clipping the hook over my laces but I wear them over a size 39 (6) walking boot so for someone with a larger boot it may be more difficult. The appear to be breathable and do not make my legs too hot - but keep them warmer than without having them on - which in the cold and wet is a good thing. I had previously bought a more expensive pair but after trying a size s-m and m-l gave up and asked for a refund as they were so tight to fasten across the front of my boots ( to such an extent I thought they would tear or the zip would break) and they had a hard plastic under- strap which was not so easy to adjust. They are light-weight and so easy to dry out and clean/brush off when dry.
on 23 January 2013
I am very pleased with these leggings . nice secure top and bottom. wipe clean and comfortable to wear ,well worth the money
on 24 August 2015
These are a good value for money and do what they're supposed to, which is protect your ankle from rain and mud. As with all gaiters, you need to set your expectations right. Here's what you need to know about these:
- they are waterproof and good at it. But they are waterproof both ways, so sweaty feet will eventually turn into VERY sweaty feet unless you use the right pair of socks.
- they only protect what they cover. Sounds obvious, but I've seen too many people expecting their gaiters to keep ALL of their boots/trainers dry. This is not going to happen with any gaiters, no matter how much money you pay.
- I used these with both trainers and boots, they perform equally well when adjusted properly.
- the straps are still holding well, despite some heavy use on nasty terrain with plenty of rocks, mud and whatever other surface you can imagine.
- good length and comfortable to wear once you figured out how to put them on.
on 22 September 2013
Basic and comfortable to use.. Not the coolest but...
Inexpensive and durable. Survived rough terrain, crampons etc completely unscathed. Well worth the money.
on 11 April 2014
fit well very secure and are definitely waterproof the adjustable draw string makes sure that they do not slide down when walking and the full length zip is covered by a Velcro flap cant imagine how they could have designed any better for the price
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 February 2016
I ordered a pair of these gators on 24 September 2015. I am writing this on 14 February 2016. I have used them most weeks since they arrived and was pleased with them. Today, a few minutes ago, the zip pulled off in my hand on the right gator. The metal has just snapped like a piece of plastic. I conclude that you get what you pay for. These are cheap but I was expecting a bit more than four months use. I'll be spending a bit more next time to get a pair that will last me a few years.
on 22 January 2015
Once the straps have been adjusted to your size thats it, zip them at the front and go. They've been put through some clayey (is that a word? it is now.) muddy pace's and haven't let me down. I detest wellies but like walking in the winter so these are fantastic. There is a bit of a trade off though, they will keep your ankles/calves warm on a cold day but can be a bit sweaty and unbreathable with more frenetic activity, for the price I found them very usable and they get the job done. After taking the time to write this review, I was putting them on for about the sixth time and the zip shattered in my hand, luckily I wasn't going to be on any really demanding terrain today and I managed to muddle through with the help of a safety pin, pretty disappointed.
on 9 March 2015
Poor quality product. Had them for a couple of weeks before I needed to use them. On the first attempt the elastic broke on the tightener - I later sewed it back up again and added a stitch to the other edges to be safe. They performed well on the first proper wearing. However, on the second attempt the zipper pull came off the zip as I was putting them on. Not fit for purpose, have binned them. Will buy a better quality product.
on 12 February 2014
What can I say they do what it says on the tin perfect for day walking and long hikes perfect
on 2 February 2015
These have proven to be excellent, in spite of my initial concerns when they arrived. I use gaiters over steel toecap work boots to work in the garden (cutting wood, brushcutting, landscaping etc) and my old nylon ones - though very sweaty - were pretty heavy duty. These are very lightweight and I was sure they wouldn't last. But they have done well, and while I suppose they dont offer quite the same protection from stones flung by the brushcutter, they can easily be worn all day. They fit exceptionally well after the initial adjustment (size 8 boots) and stay up my legs and over the boots at all times. Thoroughly recommend them.

See one answered question