Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 23 June 2014
breaking rules is an amazing story following a young girl who comes to realise that life is worth living, despite the knocks life has thrown at her.
i love this book! you feel it in your soul, your with her every minute. laugh, cry,hope and love with her. you will not regret reading this moving book!!!!!!

i'm off to start book number 2. ican't wait to see whats next. happy reading!
on 1 June 2014
I really loved this book and have read it loads. The characters aren't perfect, they all have different problems and that's what makes it so good. It's not rushed in my opinion and it's written well.
I definitely recommend it.
on 24 November 2014
i had a really good fealing about this book but was very disappointed. it was so slow getting to the point, by the time something happened i was bored of the characters!
on 19 July 2014
I loved this book! It made me all fuzzy and warm inside and I wish I had an account to buy the second book. Although the ending spoiled it. I can't believe Gabe did that! The coward, so what if people judged it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
on 8 November 2014
For a freebie this was great value.
It was a slow burner! But about halfway through the book ratcheted up the pace and the angst happened and my interest piqued to the degree that I will download the follow ups. Until then I had decided that it was not for me, so the morale of the this review, is don't give up!!

Amanda (Mandy) and her twin sister, Bailey, live in Sugar Creek with their father.
It's clear that they do not have a great relationship with their mother - you do get more of the reveal of the history throughout the book, but the upshot is that when their Dad said he wanted out of the marriage, the Mum said, if you go, you take the girls, I don't want them - basically! Harsh!! So abandonment issues are the basis of their formative years, and understandably, Mandy builds up walls to protect herself. That coupled with relocation and leaving her friends, means that she has developed a set of rules that she lives her life by. Her coping mechanism.
Realising that her and Bailey are drifting apart from each other and keen to get back to the way they were, Mandy enrols them on a 6 week volunteer project, founded by the enigmatic "celebrity" - Gabriel Raddick. It was difficult for me to attach to Gabriel, he too has issues, and I could not get my head around the fact that he was 21 yo, yet held in such awe and esteem by so many of his peers and elders. Hopefully, as I read on, I will get to resonate more with him.
Yes, OK this was not over the top on the romance front - ie, not a lot of physical passion - but it is a "coming of age" story and was very sensitively written.
Like I say, I was prepared for this to be a standalone read for me, but am intrigued to see how this is all going to pan out. I think I can sort of predict the outcome, but let's see what journey the author is going to take the reader on.
Quick and easy read.
on 15 May 2014
It was ok as a light read. Didn't really understand why Gabe was seemingly into Mandy and then pushing her away without telling her the reason why - especially as he had plenty of opportunities to talk to her while they were alone. I think she would have understood his reasons, as they seemed plausible when he finally bothered to tell her. I didn't like the way the girls treated and spoke to their father and i'm at a loss to understand why at 18 they have to move to another state just because he wants them to. They were just like young teenagers throwing tantrums instead of trying to discuss things with their father on a more rational level. This leads me to wonder what on earth Gabe could see in Mandy, given everything he has been through and all he has achieved. Why would he be interested in someone with no life experience and/or maturity?
on 20 July 2014
You can really get in touch with the characters in this book and was emotional by the end of it. The writer really brings this story alive. I can't wait to get onto the next book in the series!
This book is probably a five star book however I only give it four stars as I wished the book was longer. I'm not saying the book is short, only that I WOULD LIKE if it was longer.
on 14 August 2014
Wow this could have. Been good but was just so young for me.. Not even a kiss in the book!! I would recommend for around 14-17 yr olds. Being 30 it was just too young
on 25 November 2016
I really loved this book but I can't find the next one. It's really got me hooked and I don't know what happens next. I need to know! And j can't find the next book.