Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Braun IRT6020 ThermoScan 5 Ear Thermometer
|Price:||£38.67 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£4.32 (10%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- To use this product a Lens Filter has to be placed on the probe-tip--see Owner Manual linked below
- Clinically tested thermometer with large front panel display to see temperature while measuring
- Patented Exact Temp feedback system confirms in seconds that the thermometer is in the correct position and an accurate temperature reading has been taken
- Memory recalls the last temperature reading in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Fast, accurate and safe for newborns and the whole family
- Ultra soft and gentle tip is warmed up to 34°C for enhanced accuracy and extra comfort
- Please refer to the Indications section for details on how to use the thermometer
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
The Braun PRT1000 High Speed Digital Thermometer is a premium thermometer developed to measure the human body temperature. It is suitable for oral, underarm or rectal use, with instructions for all in the manual provided, and with the measurement taken as fast as 10 seconds discomfort is at a minimum. Battery change You will always get an accurate reading from this thermometer as long as it is utilised properly due to the notification of a low battery. When an upside down triangle appears the battery is exhausted and needs replacing.
The probe tip is the most delicate part of the thermometer. It must be clean and intact to ensure accurate readings. If the thermometer is ever accidentally used without a lens filter, clean the probe tip as follows:
- Very gently wipe the surface with a cotton swab or soft cloth moistened with alcohol. After the alcohol has completely dried out, you can put a new lens filter on and take a temperature measurement.
- If the probe tip is damaged, please contact Consumer Relations.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the thermometer display and exterior. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Never submerge this thermometer in water or any other liquid. Store thermometer and lens filters in a dry location free from dust and contamination and away from direct sunlight.
- Additional lens filters (LF 40) are available at most stores carrying Braun ThermoScan.
From the manufacturer
The brand most used and recommended by doctors
Thanks to its professional accuracy, Braun ThermoScan is no.1 brand among doctors. It is the most used and recommended thermometer among healthcare professionals*
*Source : Ipsos, online study among n=802 GPs and Pediatricians in four European markets (n=200 each in GE, UK, FR, NL), fi elded May-June 2012.
Why measure in the ear with Braun ThermoScan?
The Braun ThermoScan measures the infrared heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissue. Since the eardrum shares blood supply with the temperature control centre in the brain, the ear accurately reflects changes in the core body temperature.
Braun ThermoScan has been proven to be more accurate than taking temperature rectally*. The probe of the thermometer can safely be used to measure the temperature with newborns as it does not have to be fully inserted into the ear canal to get an accurate measurement.
**Herzog L., Philips S. Addressing Concerns About Fever. Clinical Paediatrics. 2011: 50 (no.5): 383-390.*Measurements in detecting temperature changes. Nimah, Marianne M., et al. “Infrared tympanic thermometry in comparison with other temperature measurement techniques in febrile children.” Pediatr Crit Care Med 7.1 (2006): 48-55.
Pre warmed tip
Whereas the tip of other thermometers can cool the area within the ear where the temperature is being measured and result in variable readings, the tip on the ThermoScan 5 is pre-warmed to 34°C before use, ensuring professional accuracy . The pre-warmed tip also makes for a more pleasant experience for little ones and is suitable for use with newborns.
Patented ExacTemp positioning system confirms good position in the ear with a light and a beep.
Speed of measurement is important, esp. when measuring temperature to kids. Braun ThermoScan takes temperature in a few seconds.
Disposable hygienic probe covers
Designed so you can easily switch between users without having to spend time cleaning the probe. Use a clean disposable hygienic lens filter with each measurement:
1) To maintain hygiene 2) to protect your child from cross-contamination 3) to ensure earwax residues do not impact accuracy of the reading.
|Braun ThermoScan 7 IRT6520||Braun Thermoscan 5 IRT 6020||Braun Thermoscan 3 IRT 3030||Braun No Touch+Forehead NTF3000||Braun Age Precision Digital Stick PRT2000|
|Mode||In Ear||In Ear||In Ear||No Touch + Touch on forehead||Oral/Underarm/Rectal|
|Speed||A few seconds||A few seconds||1 second||2 seconds||8 seconds|
|No Touch Technology||✓|
|Age Precision Technology||✓||✓||✓|
|FeverInsight Colour Coded Display||✓||✓||✓|
|Fever Audible Alert||✓|
|Backlit Display with Night Light||✓||✓||✓|
|Accessories:||21x probe cover, 2x battery AA (LR6) 1.5 V Duracell, storage case||21x probe cover, 2x battery AA (LR6) 1.5 V Duracell, protective cap||21x probe cover, 1x 3 V lithium battery, protective cap||2x alcaline battery AA / protective cap||1x 3 V battery, protective cap|
By clicking on the logo you can confirm if this seller is listed in the register of online medicine retailers maintained in EU Member State where the seller’s business is established.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Downside of this model: the protective lid is knocked off far too easily. I'm not sure if this one will last as long.
Note - if you're getting odd readings, change the battery. I had a temp of 44.5 last week - but with new batteries it was down to 36.7!
Highly recommend if you need a quality thermometer.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews