- Also check our best rated Electric Shaver reviews
- Find the right grooming gear for you using our Braun shaver and trimmer comparison chart.
- Also check our best rated Lady Shaver reviews
- Visit the Men's Grooming Store to explore the full range of grooming products including electric shavers, razors, beard trimmers and hair clippers, from brands including Braun, Philips Gillette and Remington.
Braun Series 3 370 Electric Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver
|Price:||£89.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Rechargeable electric foil shaver with SensoFoil for a more efficiently close shave--tough on beard, smooth on skin
- Improved Triple Action FreeFloat System with improved performance on three-day beards
- With trimmer for sideburns, moustache or beard
- Unique foil pattern captures hairs growing from different directions for a close shave in fewer strokes.
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Braun Series 3: Shave away the weekend with maximum comfort, for a smoother start to your week
Shaving away the weekend’s stubble for that professional Monday-morning look doesn’t have to be painful. Braun’s Series 3 370 shaver removes even longer stubble without irritating tugging and pulling, so you can start the week smoothly.
- 1 x Series 3-370 rechargeable shaver
- 1 x 2-way power cord & smart-plug (2-pin)
- 1 x Stylish travel pouch
- 1 x Cleaning brush
- 1 x Shaver oil bottle
- 1 x User reference manual
- 1 x Spare parts guide
- PLEASE NOTE: THIS ITEM COMES WITH A 2 PIN PLUG, SUITABLE FOR USE IN A BATHROOM ENVIRONMENT.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a good, solid shaver with a battery that seems to have lasted by holding its charge. Initially, it shaved really closely and within 10 minutes the job was done, even with over bumps and crinkles. It cleans up with water and the trimmer is fine, though I rarely use it. The downside is that after around four months of normal use, the sharpness went off and it takes much longer to complete the job. I would have expected the cutters to last longer. Replacement cutters are not cheap (almost half the cost of the shaver) and it isn't really viable to replace these every six months or so. I've soldiered on with the original setup and find that I'm spending the best part of 40 minutes to shave. After an hour of the day, I revert to looking like a criminal. The inflated £120+ as the rrp is a joke, of course, and I'm not sure that this is a great buy at around £60. However, you get what you pay for with shavers in this price bracket (more expensive ones just tend to add unnecessary features) and it's worth keeping that in mind.
So I was interested to see what improvements a new model would have. To be honest I think it is about the same in spite of being a lot more expensive. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I really don't see any improvement over models that were being made more than ten years ago.
There was one irritating thing. The lead is now no longer a simple lead. It contains a transformer. Since I travel abroad quite a lot I have found that the UK lead supplied won't fit into continental sockets so I have the extra expense of an adapter. So I can't use my old continental lead. Of course, this kind of detail is not apparent in the advertising.
So why can't we replace batteries in shavers like we can in mobile phones?
Update: after three months' use I'm afraid I'm not that impressed. It isn't as good as the series 5000 shaver which I have gone back to when I'm away from home and which I find much quicker. It certainly isn't as easy to get into difficult corners. I would go back to the 5000 series, of which I have two, except that the batteries on both have died.
Having used the Braun for some time, I am somewhat disappointed by its performance given all the great reviews it had at the time. There are a few issues I've found with it:
1. It is very loud - much louder than other shavers I've used previously, but certainly compared with the Philips.
2. It does not shave well along the jaw line and on the neck. It takes forever to shave these areas - and I shave very regularly so it's not like I'm waiting days between shaves and have lots of hair to remove. (I regularly oil the foil and it's been replaced once, but had no discernible effect on shaving performance).
3. The tilting head is pretty rubbish - it barely moves.
4. My 5 o'clock shadow appears about 3pm.
On the positive side, it's a doodle to clean (rinse under tap) and feels sturdy in the hand, but they're not enough positive factors.
Overall, I've been disappointed with the Braun shaver and am now looking to replace.
The 370, unlike the previous models, has the cutting blades integral with the foil assembly. The ability to lock and lower one of the foils could be useful but I have not felt the need. It gives a good shave and is quieter. It would have been better if they had provided a protective cover for the foil when the shaver is not in use.
The Braun instructions suggest shaving before washing. I disagree, as using a face flannel sets up the beard and removes some of the dead skin cells allowing the cutters to go further down the hair shaft. However, I find that a little pre-electric shaving lotion is usefull for problem areas.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews