BrainyDeal Black USB Digital Microscope 2 Mega Pixel Video Camera Microscope 20-200X
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use in Inspection dissection/examination, Plant dissection/examination, Skin examination, Scal examination, Textile Inspection, Jewelry Inspection, Collections/Coin Inspection, Printing Inspection, PCB or PCBA Inspection and so on.
- Image sensor: 2 Mega Pixels. Video Capture Resolution: 160x120,320x240,640x480,1280x1024. Still Image Capture Resolution: 160x120, 320x240,640x480,1280x1024.
- Exposure: Auto. Photo format: JPEG. Light source: 8 LED. PC interface: Mini USB1.1&2.0.
- Power source: 5V DC from USB port. Gray scale: Level 8. Sleep current:¼1 mA. Work current:¼180 mA. Magnification Ratio: 20x to 200x.
- Operation system: Windows XP, Vista, Win7, Mac OS X 10.5 or above. ColorºBalck.
Customers also shopped for
USB Digital Microscope is a good quality to use in Inspection dissection/examination, Plant dissection/examination, Skin examination, Scal examination, Textile Inspection, Jewelry Inspection, Collections/Coin Inspection, Printing Inspection, PCB or PCBA Inspection and so on.
The microscope is made up of high-quality IC and electronic components,with clear image quality, low power consumption, high-resolution, applies to small objects to be larger¬photo and video production, is the best choice of small objects recognization.
1. Image sensor: 2 Mega Pixels.
2. Video Capture Resolution: 160x120, 320x240,640x480,1280x1024.
3. Still Image Capture Resolution: 160x120, 320x240,640x480,1280x1024.
4. Exposure: Auto.
5. Photo format: JPEG.
6. Light source: 8 LED.
7. PC interface: Mini USB1.1&2.0.
8. Power source: 5V DC from USB port.
9. Gray scale: Level 8.
10. Sleep current:¼1 mA.
11. Work current:¼180 mA.
12. Save temperature: -20¡ãC to +60¡ãC.
13. Work temperature: 10¡ãC to +40¡ãC.
14. Magnification Ratio: 20x to 200x.
15. Operation system: Windows XP/Vista/ Win7/Mac OS X 10.5 or above.
16. Color: Balck.
1 x USB Microscope
1 x Stand
1 x CD Driver
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. The zoom is limited by the distance to the object, so if you want a closer zoom, move the camera in.
2. The depth of field is narrow, but that is to be expected on a microscope and this one is perfectly usable.
3. The build quality is fair, but for the price it is better than I expected.
4. Setup in Windows 8 was completely automatic. I am using the Windows 8 Camera app instead of their software and it works fine.
5. The On-Off light switch is a huge plus. Similar units from Celestron and Carson do not offer a switch to turn off the LED lights. My Carson unit sayed plugged in all the time and has now gone very dim (plus the resolution was useless and it cost more).
This thing works great to capture close-up images of print defects. See the customer images for an example of Dot Bridging that I took with the camera.
The AGPtek came nicely packaged with the microscope, stand, and software (only works with XP & Vista...at least for me).
Both of my computers (Vista & Win 7) picked the the camera right off, however the software only works with my Vista computer. The good news is that my Win 7 computer did recognize the camera as a USB camera and then I just used my existing webcam software to operate the camera. This turned out to be better as I could now use the webcam software to snap a picture instead of using the clumsy red button on the camera itself (required for the included XP/Vista Software).
As for the camera itself...it's a very inexpensive USB camera that has a manual focus collar that is difficult to turn and keep on the object you're looking at.
With all of its quirks, it does give me a nice picture (I use mine for looking and taking pictures of coins) and I would buy it again at the already low price of less than $30. I do recommend that you not even bother with the enclosed software and use your webcam software.
Two light levels are an excellent touch. However the stand and the focus adjustment need to be addressed. The stand itself is kind of quirky, bendable, but not strong enough to hold it's position when the fine tuning (focus adjustment) knob is used. The knob is a little too stiff, causing it to be simpler to just use it to get in range then manually adjust the distance from the object to fine tune.
The 2mp camera is just that - 2mp. In this day and age where 10mp cameras are commonplace, the graininess of the lessor quality photos are definitely noticeable.
All things taken into consideration, it does what it claims to do and after using it to discover the discrepancy on the date of the coin, it has already proved itself a worthy addition to my coin collecting arsenal.
I give it my recommendation.
Look for similar items by category