on 22 May 2012
I did not realise it was a wall map (stupid me!), but because I collect old railway maps it was a bargain and the chances of getting a 1839 map are nil.

I folded the wall map up like an OS map and it will fold into a A4 plastic wallet without any problems so long it is folded map style. If you want to fold a map properly go on You tube and there are some kind gentlemen that will demostrate this.

As a map it is very detailed and you will need a good magnifier to see the detail, must have been a masterpiece of engraving on a copper plate.
on 17 February 2013
Having been doing some research into 1839 Railways I came across a review of this map in a copy of the "Railway Times" newspaper from 1839 recommending it to their readers. To my surprise I noticed within a couple of days that a reprint was currently for sale. Seeing that it was widely I found it was available on Amazon and purchased the map straight away. The quality of the reprint is much better than I expected and like the 1839 reviewer I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in early railways.
on 9 February 2013
Although this map is rather large it an excellent map and is extremely well printed and will grace any train buffs wall
on 25 June 2013
The map shows all the railways -fine. But it is crammed with them and not easy to pick out particular lines!
on 15 December 2015
I spend hours looking at this contemplating the dullness my life has become.
on 5 March 2013
It was rather too big to frame and hang on a wall . It has too be kept rolled up which is a shame
on 28 June 2015