1,350
Size: 50 m|Style Name: Rotary|Change

on 7 July 2008
Very pleased with the rotary dryer, BUT the amazon web site suggest purchasing the spear with the product as most purchasers frequently buy one, so as this makes sense for fitting it. Nowhere on their site do amazon tell you that it comes with a spear for fitting. Now I have a spare :( and with the cost of postage it is hardly worth the effort of sending it back.
44 comments| 335 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2011
I notice a few reviewers have complained about the ground spike. It IS quite difficult, but nevertheless I think it is actually a good design - when it is banged fully home it is incredibly secure. You need a decent (heavy) club hammer - NOT a regular hammer for banging in nails (that is probably why some reviewers have struggled); and a decent bit of wood (I used an offcut of 2x4) to protect the top of the spike while hammering it into the ground.

Obviously try and bang it in vertically. But when you have got it about a quarter of the way in, have a look at it (stand back from it) and check to see if it still looks vertical. At that point it is still possible to alter it's trajectory. Mine wasn't quite straight so I used another bit of wood to lean against it to make it go vertical. Then continue banging. Once it gets over half way in, you are not going to be able to alter it, so in my opinion it is down to the competence of the person doing it. You need someone 'handy' at these types of jobs and a club hammer to be able to do it properly. (And probably a bloke to be honest as it's fairly hard work, even with the club hammer).

Then once it's done it's done properly for ever. The dryer itself is nicely made as others have stated. However, the arms are slightly more flimsy than I expected from reading other reviews, so for that - and the fact I think it IS a bit on the costly side, I've given it 4 stars.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2010
Read many reports on this item before deciding to buy, I am 76 years old and was finding that a rotary dryer was a pain to lift up and down, but this one is a dream so very easy to open and close.
Well done Brabantia
on 16 April 2009
This is a well made product which is easy to install (I used a small bag of ready-mixed concrete around the base spike) and simple to put up and down. It replaces an earlier brabantia drier which lasted more than 20 yrs
0Comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2010
I think I must have spent a year looking into different rotary dryers. I decided on Brabantia because it seems to have a good reputation and all the comments were good - even though it was a little more expensive than other products. Once ordered the delivery was very quick and the first thing I noticed is that the dryer is very light - I can hold it in one hand. With my old dryer I was reluctant to take it out of the ground each night because it was so heavy. Moving this one is as easy as taking the peg bag in each night! There is a handy hook at the top to hang it up in the shed so I didn't need to purchase a cover. The lift system is great - no more struggling to lift up the arms and it rotates well in the wind. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase!
0Comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2010
Light weight and easy to move around. Easy to erect. Washing no longer dragging on the ground. Very strong. Height can be adjusted to your needs easily.
on 3 November 2009
A really good quality airer, this is the second one I've bought for our communal drying area. The first one is still going strong after about 5 years regular use from 4 families and so I didn't want to risk buying an inferior one.Well worth the money!
on 2 March 2009
The rotaery dryer is well made of durable quality and easy to put up and use. It is so easy to tighten loose lines and is light enough to be able to lift it out to store if needed.
on 26 May 2009
This is our second purchase of the Brabantia Lift-oMatic Rotary Drier - having already purchased one for our place abroad. It's simple lifting mechanism makes it so easy to lift to the right height, without struggling or getting tangled in the wires of cheaper driers. The line is always taught, no matter what the height. It glides effortlessly, folds down neatly, and even has a handy little tie attached to the line to fasten the wires & arms together to stop them blowing in the wind. A bit pricey, but then you get what you pay for these days. This is definitely the Rolls-Royce of Driers, but worth evry penny. Would never buy anything else.
on 15 September 2009
Was warned against rotary dryers as they have a tendency to go awol when it gets a bit windy. This dryer has stayed put through some big winds due to the quality deep ground spike.

Easy to use and very tidy compared to the old washing lines, I reccommend it.