on 30 July 2015
My family heard James Campbell at the theatre with a 'comedy for kids' set and my 6 (nearly 7) year old laughed more than i've possibly ever seen! We bought the books following the show and they've not let us down. I laugh whilst reading it, which makes bedtime routine a joy...thank you James!! My son repeats phrases from it showing his understanding and enjoyment of them (we've since bought the rest of the set). Do it - buy them - they're funny and crazy and will make you want to read the next chapter rather than go downstairs for a glass of wine (or is that just me?!). Please Please write more James...my son is asking!
on 28 October 2015
Thank you James Campbell for getting my 8 year old son to read a fiction book. What a breakthrough! Engaging, quirky and "laugh out loud" funny this book has just the right amount of text on a page to keep reluctant boys motivated. Here is a recipe to get boys reading. As a parent and a primary school teacher on a constant mission to engage children with quality fiction texts I could not recommend this highly enough. Teachers - buy this as your next class reader.
on 1 February 2016
Grandson has collected all these books these were best value
on 11 August 2014
Got this book for my 7year old grandson he was into it straight away and really loved it. "This book is awesome " was his verdict. It's very different and that's what captures the childs imagination. Highly recommended.
on 23 February 2015
good
on 30 June 2014
Absolutely brilliant, totally captivating. My 8 year old has taken it into school for the class to read and they are loving it. James Campbell is a very talented writer and Mark Weightons illustrations are beautiful.
on 18 October 2014
I thought this was a good story and very funny. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it but it would be better if it had a bit more adventure.

Reviewed by Holly (age 8)
on 15 June 2014
I like this book because it is funny and good for all the family. I would recommend it to any children.
on 6 August 2014
Most extremely funny story. My 8 year old Granddaughter can't wait for James Campbell's next one.
on 22 December 2014
Bought for my 8 year old son who was a reluctant reader. He loved it and is now an ardent reader !