Customer reviews

on 4 November 2015
This will be a good training aid for an in house workout. The feel of the bag is just great and will meet most needs except for those wanting a professional boxing aid.
on 12 August 2013
fantastic bag. lots of abuse and it still comes back for more. A little light for myself, but works really well. well recommended
on 7 September 2011
I bought this, arrived in 3 days and free delivery!
It came with instructions on how to build it up and it was very simple.
The punching bag was taller than I expected, but in my case, that's a good thing.
Very nice bag that feels great when punching or kicking.
I filled the bottom with water (took around 15mins) and after I finished setting it up on the floor, I could hardly move it. It was so heavy that even REALLY HARD punches and kicks would not move it around or take it down.

Perfect product for me. Thank you.
22 Comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2014
The punch bag overall seems like an ok product.

It is quite springy so when you hit it you have to wait for it to rebound before you can hit it again, takes a bit of adjustment but you get into a bit of a rhythm. The bag is quite soft and I found it useable even without gloves.

Now the bad bit...

According to other reviews it is very difficult if not impossible to fill the base with sand, so I filled mine with water.

I found a puddle of water on the floor the next day. The base has a slow leak which is very annoying as it appears to be the sole purpose it has been designed for, holding water.

I am in the process of returning the item and will not be getting another one.
on 29 January 2013
Having looked at many other options / makes and having read a few negative reviews about boxing mad punch bags i was left a bit confused and unsure of which one to buy but in the end decided to go for this one.
My main concern was having read a few comments about them toppling over and even with kids kicking them the stability was a problem it put me off.
However let me tell you that is complete rubbish !
I have done martial arts for many years and while i have a very decent punch on me i certainly wouldn't classs myself as any kind of Mike Tyson so stability there really wasn't an issue.........my kicks on the other hand are an entirely different story and i have put many a 6 foot bloke down from body/head kicks during competition fighting, and even if i do say so myself i have got a fair bit of power in my kicks, so my main over riding concern was this punch bag toppling over when i kicked it.
But i have to say having filled this unit with water rather than sand i have given this bag some real good full power kicks from ever angle and stability short of moving a millimetre here or there really isn't a problem at all, (well at least on a solid gargae floor) not sure how it would be perform indoors on carpet but i assume it would still be pretty stable ?
Admittedly if i use full force kicking it full on with straight front kicks it does move a bit more, but again certainly nothing that would worry you that it was going to topple.
So all in all decent quality bag with good spring mechanism that returns the bag very quickly after every punch/kick and well worth the money.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2014
I used this bag until recently in the gym after destroying the other useless one (firepower xxl) .

Initially I didn't like the hypersensitive and relatively unpredictable nature of it, but appreciated that it probably aided in improving reaction times. After a few weeks of using and adjusting to it, I was on it today and gave it a firm side kick, and the solid(ish) core within in must have cracked or snapped. The whole bag just went limp after that and has no recoil. Incidentally the gym had filed it with water which seemed to leak everywhere. Definitely go the dried sand route if you buy one - which is up to you. I would be really narced if I'd bought it with my money and this happened.

I do an MMA style of kicks, punches and elbows. I'm 85kg and always use gloves.

Anyway, not really fit for purpose - well maybe for girls.

The reebok floor-standing unit (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reebok-Free-Standing-Technique-Bag-Silver/dp/B002YD7CLG/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t) is definitely 'the one'. I have used several over the years and they are expensive, but definitely worth the extra. Never had any problems with them.
on 28 December 2011
We bought this for ourselves as a joint xmas present; my wife is into karate, I box a little. Searched around and eventually settled on this one since the reviews are so good. The reviewers might be right - its probably a good punching bag - major stumbling block is the base.
I had bought 4 x 20kg bags from B&Q and a funnel to fill the base. The base is made of plastic and has two parts - each with a little inlet for water or sand. We decided on sand as it is heavier and we did not fancy having 80 liters of water in the house (bag is in the study/gym).
Anyway it is impossible to fill these two bases with sand. We have literally been trying for hours. The opening of the bases leads to an internal shelf - so after trying to get the sand through the funnel into the hole it gets stuck after half a funnel filling and you have to tip the base in order to distribute the sand. It is ridiculous - I would have returned the thing if it was not for a few kilos of sand in the base...
The instructions btw show a man filling that tiny hole with sand from a shovel - yeah right. I tried different funnels, different sand ... to no avail.
At least I have a good reason to hit the thing once(if) we finally get it filled.
22 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2014
Spent a long time looking through the different free standing punching bags available and settled on this one- it was a good choice.
The stand is not flimsy, you can give it a good whack. I like the way it springs back to you.
While the instructions say you cannot hit the bag more than a certain degree, it is pretty much irrelevant, as you have no need to hit the bag that hard.
While easy to assemble, the only negative is how long it takes to fill the base. I opted to fill mine with water and not being able to take the hose through the house, had to settle for going back and forth from the sink with a jug. The opening is small, so it definitely takes patience! However, you will appreciate it when properly filled, as the base will not budge.
on 20 April 2012
Arrived quick, easy to set up and is a great bag to use, the spring on it means you really have to be on your toes when punching/kicking it, Can take very hard hits and the stand won't move an inch so all in all a very good buy.
on 27 January 2014
Brilliant that I don't have to hang this from a ceiling or door frame; it means I can I have this set up in my bedroom all the time, always ready for use. Great you can fill the base with sand/water depending on how secure you need the base (water's fine for me). Great 360 degree usage and sturdy enough for kicks too