- Paperback: 210 pages
- Publisher: Dedalus Ltd; First Edition, First Printing edition (4 Nov. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1903517222
- ISBN-13: 978-1903517222
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.9 x 19 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,092,713 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Box of Dreams (Original Fiction in Paperback) Paperback – 4 Nov 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The young hero awakes to find himself on a train with Dr Freud from Vienna and the sadistic train attendant Malkowitz. He allows himself to be led off in a skirt on a visit to a nearby castle, where everyone is looking forward to his lecture the next day on yodelling. While researching yodelling, he encounters Adelma...
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's very evocative of how dreams are and the author's writing is as usual excellent , but the fact that it's a dream makes it all rather pointless.OK, so we know that fiction isnt real, but the point of a novel surely is to paint a realistic, consistent and believable world in which we get involved with and care about the characters. I kept thinking that we woulds break into reality in the end, but no, and the supposed twist at the end is pretty obvious.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com