on 4 February 2009
Having borrowed this book from my local library, I was keen to own a copy.
The book is attractively laid out with a pull-out pattern sheet, which is carefully fastened in such a way that it does not damage the book when removed. Starting with general advice about equipment, techniques etc, the instructions are clear, with a photo of each project.
I am an experienced stitcher who has tried Trapunto before; if I was a total beginner the book would be clear enough to ensure successful completion of a project. I love sewing books and this is well worth adding to my collection.
on 9 June 2012
I was surprised by this book as Id never done trapunto before and thought it old fashioned. How wrong I was this book shows you the traditional technique but also how they can be adapted to use a more modern pattern.
The instructions are easy to understand and you can produce some beautiful things by following her guidelines in the book.
I found this to ba a very intersting and useful introduction to the world of trapunto , its the only one I bought and I have to say the only one Ill ever need.
definately one to buy if you want to learn this lovely art.
on 16 May 2013
This is a lovely book which I am delighted to add to my craft collection. Instructions and examples are easy to follow for both beginners and experienced sewers. I will certainly be having a go at making some of the smaller projects shown. I bought this book secondhand and it was in excellent condition. Excellent value and service.
on 4 March 2011
I have long been fascinated by Boutis and this book gives a good introduction to the skill. One day I shall make a quilt meanwhile a pillow will have to suffice.
on 22 March 2016
Excellent step by step pics, great book. Prompt delivery too.