on 28 April 2004
I really enjoyed this book. Do not be misled by the title.It is not aboutrules and restrictions. I am certain you will recognise yourself or yourpartner in some of the case histories.
So much of this book reallymakes sense, and helps you get out of
a vicious circle and look at things differently.Some of the suggestionsare very simple but very effective.I found it possible to read thechapters out of order if you prefer.I thoroughly recommend this to anyone,whether happily married and keen to stay that way, or if you are dealingwith problems.
on 12 October 2008
I bought this book as an impulsive buy that i absolutely do not regret. I am not married but in a serious relationship so dont let the fact that its called "boundaries for marriage" put you off. It helps you understand the psychology of loving relationships and helps you identify and deal with problems before they spiral out of control or reach a point where alot of hurt and damage has been done.

This book illistrates why it is important having your own boundaries as an individual and also having boundaries as a couple from things or people outside the relationship.It also highlights the importance of personal growth and understanding our own personal hang ups and how they affect our partner.It is not a one sided book as it also helps you see things from your partener's point of view and that conflicts are not a "good guy,bad guy" situation but both people contribute to the problem.It then gives solutions on how to work through your own issues and what your partner needs to work for a healthier relationship.Examples of couples's problems,attitudes and emotions are used throughout the book which are easy to identify with.

Boundaries for marriage "holds the key for mutual respect and provides the tools for making your relatiomship everything you want it to be."

I would also recommend it for couples that are intending to marry as it gives u a picture of what a good functional marriage should be like and that marriage is work but the rewards are priceless.
on 4 May 2004
This book is not about putting restrictions and rules on your partner. It is a very well written and insightfual book, and not your usual relationship guru stuff.I found it really useful to read, and easy to relate to your own experiences. It is not just theory and psycology, it has pratical useful advice and information. I think it really stood out against similar books I have read, and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone whether happily married or experiencing problems.
on 19 June 2010
The concepts in this book are really valid, truthful and useful. The reason i wrote this review however is that i did not realise when i purchased this book that the bible was quoted every page. It has been too much for me and i cannot continue reading it. I warn that my view is that non-christians will struggle with this book.
on 19 April 2016
This book is fantastic,im not married yet but will be soon and thanks to this book both myself and my partner are able to solve our issues in a loving way and i hope we will continue to do so as this book has helped us set a firm foundation for marriage.
Highly reccomend this book.
on 17 June 2016
This book was my first contact with the topic of boundaries.
I consider it to be a study book and i learn a bit at the time and then practice it long in real life to master the skills.
It is a fantastic and comprehensive take on the topic, not only for marriage.
Other 2 books by the same authors: Boundaries and Boundaries for kids equally brilliant.
Highly recommended for people who look how to improve their lives and are tired of reacting the same in stressful situations, but find it hard to come up with solutions by themselves.
on 25 March 2014
This book has helped me with more than just understanding my role and responsibility (beyond the obvious) in marriage. It's also helped me understand and negotiate my relationships with people I work, etc.
on 24 August 2012
Found this book to be excellent and timely, I often get in a muddle with how much to take, what is fair in a relationship, how long is the second mile and how often do you go it, well, this helped put things into perspective and I straightaway bought several copies to give to friends who were also struggling with these issues, how to have a really good relationship in a marriage, which seemed at times pretty impossible but now I know better! It's sooo constructive!
on 7 January 2012
I have read this book and I am now waiting for the kindle version to become available. i foind it very helpful in my own relationship and have recommended it to christian and non christian couples. it uses the same principles in the boundaries book but is more specific about the marital relationship.
on 26 September 2009
Absolutely loved this book - probably the most balanced teaching on marriage I've come across. I even caught my husband with his nose in it once or twice! Have just given the book to a friend. Would highly recommend it.