- Actors: Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson, Thomas Haden Church, Elle Fanning, Carla Gallo
- Directors: Cameron Crowe
- Writers: Cameron Crowe
- Format: Letterboxed, PAL
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
- Dubbed: Spanish
- Subtitles For The Hearing Impaired: English
- Audio Description: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 16 July 2012
- Run Time: 118 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (425 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B004U5BQA4
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,473 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
We Bought a Zoo (DVD + Digital Copy)
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
We Bought a Zoo is a funny, inspiring and true story about the magical power of family to persevere in the face of extraordinary challenges. Matt Damon is Benjamin Mee--who, looking to give his family a much needed fresh start, moves to a home situated in the middle of a dilapidated zoo which he sets about bringing back to its glorious state.
Acclaimed director Cameron Crowe’s first family offering stars Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson and Elle Fanning in a funny, inspiring and true story of triumph over adversity--based on the best-selling book.
- It's a Zoo--featurette about working with the animals
Though adapted from a memoir by a British journalist, We Bought a Zoo feels entirely like a Cameron Crowe film, with clear parallels to previous crowd-pleasers like Jerry Maguire. Crowe introduces Benjamin Mee (Matt Damon in a role that recalls his Contagion character) six months after the death of his wife. Since everything reminds him of her, the California columnist decides to make a change, starting with a new location. His realtor (Curb Your Enthusiasm's J.B. Smoove), brother (Sideways' Thomas Haden Church), and sullen teenage son (Colin Ford) try to talk him out of it, but Mee falls in love with a country manor that comes with a strange stipulation: the tenant must manage the zoo that accompanies the property. With his daughter's blessing, Mee takes the plunge. Fortunately, he inherits an experienced staff, including MacCready (Angus MacFadyen), Robin (Patrick Fugit), Lily (Elle Fanning), and Kelly (Scarlett Johansson, lovely as ever in her least glamorous role to date). Mee's road to reinvention offers few surprises, but Damon makes him a sympathetic figure who finds the same kind of support system among the park personnel that Fugit's Almost Famous writer found in the rock world, except Mee's relationships have more staying power. If his detractors--a skeptical employee and an unctuous inspector--feel like screenwriter constructs, Zoo represents a return to form for Crowe after a series of missteps, including Elizabethtown. Better yet, the real-life park that Mee acquired continues to lead by example as a humane habitat for endangered species. --Kathleen C. Fennessy