Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 14 September 2008
The Bottom live show is in a category of its own. It is not really a play, its not stand-up comedy and its not just a re-hash of the TV programme. The closest thing I can think of is pantomime, albeit a very violent slapstick pantomime.

The stage show makes a virtue of recycling lines and jokes from previous tours with certain set-pieces treated by the audience in the same way as when a band play their biggest hits. The crowd reaction to Pink Floyd playing the first notes of Comfortably Numb is nothing compared to the Bottom audience when the legendary cricket bat makes it's appearance!

Just like a panto the audience play a large part in the performance, with the 'actors' frequently breaking the fourth wall to talk to them directly.

The humour is unsophisticated - but more clever than it pretends to be. Those who are put off by the high levels of weapons-grade swearing and toilet humour are missing out on some serious laughs. Despite having seen all the live DVDs several times I can guarantee that watching them again will have me crying with laughter
7 people found this helpful
on 28 June 2014
However often I watch these shows, I always laugh till I cry. Ade and Rik could just appear on stage and say nothing, and I'd still laugh. My all time favourite comedians, from the early days of Kevin Turvey onwards. Yes, it's silly and rude and slapstick, but also witty and clever. Their timing and delivery is brilliant. If anyone else did the same material it just wouldn't work, it's the pairing of Rik and Ade that makes the magic.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 January 2010
Bottom was always low brow humour,it was proud of that fact and their live shows raised that fact further and threw in material that was far too adult for the television world.
The first two live shows are the best and in a way these two are all you really need.The humour is racey,the pantomine feel to the shows gives more laughs than you can imagine and the interaction with the crowd brings plenty to celebrate also.
I first watched these two shows on vhs when i was too young to even buy the video legally and i loved them,they have aged a bit to me now but these two shows are still part of my life.
on 21 August 2008
Bottom Live - The Stage Show/Bottom - The Big Number 2 Tour Live

i'm a great fan of eddie and richie, so bottom stage show/bottom big number 2 tour live are no let down. i now have all their shows on my ipod and always laugh while watching them(this has regularly earned me some funny looks!).
brilliant and definitely recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2014
The 5 stars is for the DVD. It's pant wettingly funny. However, I only give 1 star to the seller. The DVD took 18 days to arrive after being told 5 at the time of ordering. Not good.
on 17 August 2015
Brilliant and double the wonderful Rik and Ade mayhem for the price . Can't get any better than that
on 30 March 2015
Fantastic quality DVD's, came sealed and intact, no damage or anything.

Wonderful service and a prompt delivery.

And I love these tour dvd's, they are amongst my personal favourite!
on 20 December 2015
brilliant
on 25 July 2015
Excellent seller A++++
on 7 October 2014
Loved watching the film couldn't help laughing especially their mistakes