on 25 June 2014
I loved this book, it was easy to read, ticked a lot of my boxes. I've recently downloaded some awful books on amazon and needed a good one, so thank you I'm happy again now and my love of romance books is restored
I read this in paperback form some years ago and had forgotten I had done so. I also failed to notice that this is a Penny Jordan story and I would not have bought it if I had been more alert. Penny Jordan's heroines are usually really incoherent drips and this one is no exception. All Harriet had to do was stick up for herself and her friendship with Ben but no, she gets walked all over by her arrogant boss who makes wrong assumptions and behaves in a completely unrealistic manner, Load of tripe,
on 21 October 2014
Loved this. Not unusual, girl has friend as in the opposite sex, The friend has a girlfriend who doesn't understand the relationship and insists breaking it off or else. Boss steps in as she is too good to sack plus he is in love with her himself...... All's well in the end of course.
on 25 January 2015
I really enjoyed this old fashion romantic story. Matt is the kind of man I would love to be in love with me. Harriet is sweet although a little naive in this modern times. A real fantasy love story but I loved it.
To me this is one of Penny Jordan's best romantic novels
I would recommend this to all you romantics out there.
on 24 June 2014
If I'm honest part of me really liked the book, it was the storyline to connect them together that made no sense to me. However ignoring that I liked matt and Harriet's relationship development. Not my favourite book but readable - sorry. I normally really enjoy penny Jordan books
on 1 July 2014
THE BOSS'S MARIAGE ARRANGEMENT, every love story that you read you have a good idea what the ending will be , but this still kept you wanting to carry on reading because the writing was so interesting. I love Penny Jordan's books and think that you will too if you are a sucker for a good love story.
on 5 August 2016
The book was great read I couldn't put it down. But sadly it only took two days to read. I wish I was a slow reader, but sadly once I put my nose in the book and it is that good . Two days and it gone. Read this book. It's fantastic.
on 2 January 2013
Very good book not a very long book but once started to read it was hard to stop would recommend
on 9 June 2014
This one is a short novella to celebrate 100 years of Mills and Boon and it was evidently written in a hurry. The reason I assert this is that the author makes a number of uncharacteristic mistakes. First off, she has Matt (the boss who’s going to make the marriage arrangement) taking Harriet (the hapless unsuspecting employee) home to her country cottage down a “dark narrow lane”. However, just a few pages later, he takes her home to a “down-at-heel” area which resembles Moss Side with “yoofs” making a nuisance of themselves outside the Chinese takeaway and assaulting old ladies. Second, we have Matt leaving Harriet in a hotel suite (where he’s basically kidnapped her to) but when he arrives at his car, he finds that he only has two sets of hotel suite keys on him. With these he somehow locks the car he never managed to open because he had the wrong keys and returns to get to know Harriet better and pick up those car keys he didn’t need really because the hotel suite keys somehow fit his car.

Careless errors aside (and the fact that the editor clearly didn’t bother reading the book before publication), this is a great story which made me laugh a lot. Matt, Harriet’s boss, decides that he doesn’t like the fact that Harriet’s BFF is a male, Ben; another of his employees. In fact, lots of people don’t like it and Harriet has become something of a subject for office gossip because of it. Instead of just leaving people to gossip, as people will do in offices, Matt then decides that he has to save Harriet from herself by forcing her to pretend that she’s in a relationship with him, not Ben. Harriet, instead of rushing down to the nearest legal advice she can find about harassment in the workplace, goes along with it. Before you know it, they’re in love and organising a June wedding. which leaves the office folk with something of a hole in their gossiping schedule - oh, but they could always talk about Tom who never washes up after himself, or Jean who's a bitch, or Julie, who's pinching the tea-bags. There's ALWAYS someone to gossip about, in other words, rendering Matt's heroic "saving" of Harriet somewhat pointless. It’s ridiculous nonsense in which Jordan shows her age and old-fashioned values – nobody thinks anything of having a best mate of the opposite sex these days (and probably didn’t years ago either). However, when Jordan breaks the revelation in the early stages of the book that Harriet’s best friend is Ben, she puts in “Yes, that’s right, her best friend was male!” as if it is something utterly astounding.

This basically is a load of romantic twaddle, but it’s still a great bit of Jordanesque escapism. Matt, despite his (many) failings, including harrassment in the workplace, bullying and kidnapping, is still the red hot hero and Harriet is the touching vulnerable heroine. My favourite line comes at the point when Matt is becoming overwhelmed with desire for Harriet: “If he didn’t get some space between then, and soon, he would be taking her up to the penthouse with him” Well, I’ve never heard it called that before. Brilliant.
on 31 May 2014
Purchased quickly,but far far too slow and drab. It required more action and a faster pace. Shame about this,as normally M&B are very good!.