on 16 February 2015
It's true! This toaster does not toast bread evenly.

I can honestly say the two Bosch Styline toasters I have used are great for toasting bread unevenly. They toast the bread more at the bottom and leaves it with a cross- hatched pattern on both sides. The idea of the mirror heating is to toast the bread evenly but this toaster fails every time. Another problem is the toast control. It will burn the bread on medium setting. Bosch even explains (in the instruction manual) that burnt bread is extremely bad for you! On the plus side it does appear to be a well made and put together machine but it is definitely not worth the cost.

The picture shows what the bread looks like when toasted on the lowest setting.
review image
22 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2018
Looks good, toasts well and evenly. Takes a standard slice fine. Hidden feature, the variable browning setting ( lit numbers ) doubles up as a progress indicator as it shows a kind of count down happening as it gets closer to your desired browning level. One minor thing , stays powered on if you don’t switch it off ( unlike normal toasters ) due to the lit settings displays etc. But there is an on/ off button in the device and you can also use the plug if you like . Remembers your favourite browning setting. So other than the power staying on , overall nothing of significance to fault it on.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2015
I bought mine after some good reviews in magazines and thoughts that heating elements enclosed in quartz tubes (like those in electric room fires) would be reliable. This is the worst toaster I have ever purchased and Iinclude supermarket specials aimed at the student bedsit.Very uneven browning to the extent that some parts are burnt before others areas are even lightly brown. Crumbs get stuck behind the quartz heating elements, sitting there until they burn to dust. The £12 toaster I bought to use in my caravan gives more even browning (if a little more slowly). Unfortunately it has been reliably awful subjecting me to four years dodgy toast (yes I should have got rid of it!) and now I am buying a 'Which' recommended Morphy Richards toaster at less than half the price of a new Bosch. Here's hoping!
4 people found this helpful
on 20 August 2017
When I first used this toaster, it was somewhat inconsistent; sometimes I'd get perfect results and sometimes somewhat uneven. Unfortunately, I decided to persevere. Now it's totally consistent - consistently bad. It burns the toast in one corner and leaves half the slice little more than warmed through. I expected far better from Bosch.
3 people found this helpful
on 31 July 2017
This has proved to be an excellent, reliable and well made toaster.

It produces good evenly browned toast and the ability to set 'between settings", effectively an extra half setting provides great flexibility.

Having found every other toaster lacking I have been a long term watch the grill man but this has converted me. Bish, Bash Bosch and there's a perfect plate of toast ready to munch.
on 21 October 2015
After ploughing through various reviews, I am so glad I chose this one. Yes, Warburtons bread fits perfectly. Toasts pretty evenly, no you are not going to get a toaster that toasts exactly the same colour all over. It's a lovely looking design and the finish looks good. The fingerprints don't bother me (which I thought they would), as it's on a worktop under a cupboard with lighting, so I can't see any fingerprints. Never thought I had a use for a warming rack, but I have been missing out, as croissants and pain au chocolat are delicious, and take a fraction of the time than in the oven.Well worth paying extra, the cheaper toasters are definitely false economy. This is very sturdy and feels like it should last years. Had it about a month now with no problems. Delivery, as always, excellent
on 30 November 2015
Is there such a thing as a perfect toaster? Probably not, but this comes as close as any I've ever had. It looks great - lovely clean lines and a nice finish. The integrated bun-warmer hides away cleverly inside the toaster itself, but is a bit small for larger pastries. In terms of toasting, I'd give it an 8 out of 10 - produces fairly even toast but does suffer slightly from the perennial problem of cooking one side more than the other. If anything it undertoasts slightly - so far I've never burned a single slice, which is nice. Controls are simple and easy to operate, and the whole unit feels sturdy and well built. An illuminated display lets you count down the progress of your toast, which is exciting!
on 1 March 2015
Excellent toaster, nice even browning. I don't know what other people on here are complaining about when they say it will only take standard size bread - what sort of bread are they trying to toast for Gods sake. It takes every kind of bread we have and that's quite a range. Well made with accurate controls and very easy to use. Also good crumb tray - catches all the crumbs and it's easy to empty. The best toaster we have owned.
3 people found this helpful
on 7 July 2016
I have owned a number of branded toasters in the past even the occasional cheap one and this one is a let down. It does not match the quality that I have experienced and expect from Bosch. Toasters should toast and this one either under does the toast or burns. It would appear that the heating element is not disbursing the heat evenly as it burns in a very distinct manner by imprinting an image of the heating element on your toast. Artistic but not tasty. I really only bought this to match the Bosch Styline Kettle which I have found to work well so far but I must say I wouldn't purchase again.
on 15 December 2016
Faulty - the "warming prongs" have got stuck in the upright position (despite us never having used them), and the internal wire frame that grips the toast has come free from the sides. The toaster always toasted very unevenly. I didn't even know it was possible to have toast done unevenly like this until I bought this toaster. Even worse, Bosch have said we will have to spend 2/3 weeks without a kettle and toaster over Christmas while they review the faults. I bought these items from Bosch considering them a good name, but sadly not - they have both failed quickly compared to less expensive, "non brand" items bought in the past, which lasted for many years. The irony is not lost on me,