on 25 January 2014
I've had 2 Henrys and thought I'd only ever get another but the owner of the holiday cottages I clean has the Bosch Professional which I've found amazing. I didn't want to pay that much so I chose this one as a compromise and its brilliant - just as good at vacuuming as the Pro model. The casing is probably not as robust as the Pro but it's absolutely adequate for my own home and this model is lighter too. It has a long flex so I'm not constantly having to move the plug and the nozzles are just inside the casing so I can quickly swap to a crevice tool for the edges, or whatever, and back again with no fuss at all. Definitely recommend it. Shame it only came with one bag tho.
on 2 November 2014
Very good suction power,thought bit suffers from multi fitration system,still leaves carpet extremaly clean,does not emit dust at all i think! Previously using budget vacuum cleaner used to get a lot of dust to clean from furniture, using Bosh hardly see any dust,air feels very clean and fragranced thanks to odour filter, could call it "oxygene machine" Long 15meter-50ft! cable allows me to move all round the house without changing wallsocket also cable rewinds and gets back easily,some said it does not have power button! Yes it Does! Otherwise seek Specsavers help or read users manual! This amazing machine comes with two heads, one regular, other with rotating brush easily removing pet hair.One dust bag fleece bag suplied, extra ones can be purchased for £10 for 8bags+odour filter this would last for my household more than one year! Send me a question if you missed something im my review.
on 8 July 2014
Only received and tried it today. Seems very powerful. Instructions could be better. There is a drawing that numbers all the pieces but no key for the drawing that I can find. Also there seems to be no on/off switch. The power it controlled only by switching the mains plug off. One of the reasons I purchased it was the length of the lead, so I can now vacuum one room whilst it is plugged in in another room, great, except that you have to keep going back to the plug in the other room to switch it off if you want to move furniture, stuff off the floor. Not great.
on 29 September 2015
After having various useless vacuum cleaners over the years I deliberately held off doing a review on this one to really put it to the test. More than 18 months later this beast is still awesome! It never loses suction and has had to deal with a new wool rug (that shed fibres for months), 2 x adult Doberman hairs, a long haired cat, a short haired cat, a very long haired owner, a wood burner that is on frequently, (daily in winter, so there is dust, ash and bits of wood and coal to constantly clean up), plus the straw off 2 pigs that live in the yard but frequently venture into the house if the doors are left open (honestly)! I also have horses that live in the yard, (they don't come in the house) but I find hay and shavings rather often that have got stuck on my clothing and then end up in house, yet is HAS NOT faulted, it's remained glidingly moveable, lightweight and it will let me know when the bag needs changing. The suction power is adjustable and it is happy with whatever surface you use it on, the cord has always retracted and the bags are clean to use and cheap to replace. Even if it packed up tomorrow I would buy another one. Petite and powerful, like many good women! ;)
on 12 September 2014
Pros: Slightly smaller & lighter than the Miele cat & dog. Good suction. 2 large heads one of which is the turbo for pet hairs. Easy to manoeuvre and pipe is telescopic which reaches cobwebs well -Just need to pull on the black plastic part to extend it. Nice low noise. 2 extra tools are tucked into the top of the machine.

Cons: I had to pull it over the rug as going forward was very difficult. Not sure if this is due to the high suction? replacement bags are expensive. When searching for bags the model code is confusing. I purchased it for £107 but I see the price has since shot up so was lucky.
on 15 September 2014
Very powerful vacuum cleaner.

Bought this to replace an old Dyson. The only downside is having to change the bag when it fills up, but it's well worth it for the extra power.

I got this just in time before the Brussels autocrats decided we shouldn't be allowed to buy powerful vacuum cleaners any more. Not something I voted for.

Watch out for the price. I bought it for a very good price, and the next day it cost 100 more. Now I see it has changed again, to half way between the two.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 November 2014
I'v had a Bosch 1700 watt vac for 15 years with no problems and been very pleased with it. But this one is even better, the extra power just removes so much extra, the carpet looks totally revived, I was going to shampoo the carpet, but it looks so good, no need. Very please again with Bosch. The unit is not light, but moves well. The extra clean outweighs the weight.
on 12 December 2013
Really great and with the cashback a real bargain. One has to compromise between weight, bag size and power, I think the Bosch has found a good solution
on 10 September 2014
Absolutely brilliant vacuum! Plenty of power and suction, easy to use, lightweight and no more noisy than any other vacuum. Ignore some of the reviews that complain that there is no "on/off" button or that it's hard to get the power cable to retract - utter nonsense! There is a very easy to use "on/off" switch and the cable retracts very easily - even if you've only let out a few feet.

This is one of the best vacuum's I've had - even on a low setting it easily bettered my large and heavy Miele and I wish I'd got one of these years ago.

I heartily recommend this vacuum, buy one now before they sell out and the EU deem it illegal to have one!
on 30 August 2014
I bought this item to replace a SEBO Pet vacuum cleaner which I thought was brilliant until I tried this Bosch cleaner - this one is twice as good. We have two cats and this really picks up all the pet hair. Just beware of standing in front of the cleaner head - you could end up in the dust bag.