- Also check our best rated Stand Mixer reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
Bosch MUM46A1 Food Mixer, 550W, 3.9 L - Anthracite/Silver [Energy Class A]
|Price:||£135.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£24.99 (16%)|
- Multifunctional arm
- 4 speed settings and standby
- Powerful 550 watt motor
- Multi motion drive
- Rubber suction feet
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
Bosch MUM52120GB Styline Kitchen Machine Food Mixer, 700 W - White/Grey
CHEFTRONIC 4 In 1 Upgraded Stand Mixer SM-1088, 1000W Kitchen Mixer 6.2QT Precise Heat Stainless Mixing Bowl with Meat Grinder Blender for Xmas, Wedding, Thanksgiving, Birthday
CHEFTRONIC 3 In 1 Upgraded Stand Mixer, 800W Kitchen Mixer SM-1086 with 4.4QT Bowl, Grinder, Blender, Pasta/Sausage Maker for Xmas, Wedding, Thanksgiving, Birthday
Bosch MaxxiMUM Kitchen Machine, 1600 W - 5.4 L - Granite Grey/Chrome
VonShef 800W Black Food Stand Mixer - 5.5 Litre Mixing Bowl with Splash Guard - Includes Beater, Dough Hook & Whisk
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Hughes Direct||CHEFTRONIC Direct||CHEFTRONIC Direct||Amazon.co.uk||DOMU UK|
|Capacity||3.9 litres||3.9 litres||7 litres||7 litres||5.4 litres||5.5|
|Included Components||Pouring Shield^Stainless Steel Bowl^Wire Whip^Dough Hook^Shredder||Pouring Shield^Stainless Steel Bowl^Wire Whip^Flat Beater^Dough Hook||—||—||Stainless_Steel_Bowl||Dough hook, Beater and Balloon Whisk|
|Item Dimensions||26.49 x 26.49 x 30.51 cm||28.2 x 28 x 27.1 cm||33.8 x 42.3 x 41.4 cm||22.86 x 55.88 x 60.96 cm||30.8 x 33.8 x 8.9 cm||22.3 x 38.5 x 31.7 cm|
|Item Weight||5 kg||6 kg||16 kg||9.07 kg||—||4.9 kg|
|Number of Speeds||4||4||—||—||7||6|
|Special Feature||Detachable^Has Mixer Attachment||Detachable^Has Mixer Attachment||Digital||Digital||—||—|
|Wattage||550 watts||700 watts||1,100 watts||800 watts||1,600 watts||800 watts|
The Bosch MUM46A1 has a multi motion drive with a multifunctional arm with special gearing and 3 drive positions for optimum power. The mixer has rubber suction feet for extra stability with integrated cable storage. The accessory holder houses all the accessories which are a dough hook, beater, whisk, continuous shredder with 3 stainless steel discs, a reversible slicing disc for thick and thin, a reversible shredding disc for coarse medium or fine. It also comes with a citrus press and liquidiser. The Bosch Mum has all the things a busy cook needs in one appliance
From the manufacturer
The dynamic planetary gear allows the stirring tools to rotate right to the edge of the bowl in elliptical motions, so all the contents are kneaded extremely thoroughly without leaving any dough residue behind on the edge of the bowl.
Large mixing bowl
With its 3.9 L volume for a maximum dough quantity 2.0 kg, this mixing bowl offers sufficient space for creative ideas. With up to seven processing levels and a powerful pulse function.
Maximum safety in every situation and in all areas: covers for unused drives, safety-lock mechanism for the mixing bowl, extra lid latch on accessories and many other functions for active safety.
|Motor power (W)||600||550||700||900|
|Bowl size (kg / L)||2 / 3.9||2 / 3.9||2 / 3.9||2 / 3.9|
|Bowl finish||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Transparent lid||With filler hole||With filler hole||With filler hole||With filler hole|
|Speed settings||4||4||4 with pulse function||7|
|Disc||Interactive recipe Disc||Interactive recipe Disc||Interactive recipe Disc|
|Accessories||Stainless steel discs (reversible slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, grating disc); dough hook; beater; whisking attachment||Stainless steel discs (reversible slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, grating disc); dough hook; beater; whisking attachment; liquidiser; citrus press; accessory holder||Stainless steel discs (reversible slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, grating disc); dough hook; beater; whisking attachment; liquidiser; accessory bag||Stainless steel discs (reversible slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, grating disc); dough hook; beater; whisking attachment; liquidiser; accessory bag|
|Dishwasher save accessories & bowl tools||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Rubber suction feet for extra stability||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Uses||Mixing, blending, chopping, slicing||Blending, kneeding, slicing, juicing, whisking||Blending, kneading, slicing, juicing, whisking||Blending, kneding, slicing, juicing, whisking|
|Designed for||All-rounder with mixing bowl and great multifunctionality thanks to high-quality patisserie set and handy continuous shredder with three discs for shredding, grating and cutting||All-rounder with large stainless steel mixing bowl and great multifunctionality thanks to patisserie set and continuous shredder with three discs for shredding, grating and cutting, mixing attachment, citrus press and accessory holder||Powerful motor for demanding dough and quick processing and great multifunctionality thanks to high-quality patisserie set, continuous shredder with three discs for shredding, grating and cutting, and mixing attachment||The extra-powerful kitchen machine with an award-winning design for professional requirements and great multifunctionality thanks to high-quality patisserie set continuous shredder with three discs for shredding, grating and cutting, and mixing|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Today I've used it to chop onions, slice potatoes and make merengues. Not having to hold an electric mixer for ages to make merengues was AMAZING, and they are the best I've ever made! The onions and potatoes were finished in minutes. No more tears/cut fingers!
So why wouldn't you want this machine if you'll use it alot? Well, there is only the one bowl and it isn't huge. For instance, when slicing the potatoes, next time I'll know to take them out of this bowl and put them in another one if I'm doing a large quantity, because they got backed up and some of the potatoes ended up in lots of tiny pieces rather than sliced! However, the slices that weren't "backed up" were perfect. I used 4 egg whites for my merengues, but you certainly wouldn't want to use more that that. So if you were baking in quantity you would need to empty out the bowl, clean it and start again.
I love the look, and it feels sturdy. The motor is big and strong enough for me - I'm sure the 1000w magimix is better, but this is good enough for what I need it to do. It looks great too.
For the sake of fairness and helping people chooose a machine, I'm giving it 4 rather than 5 stars just because it might possibly have benefited from being made a wee bit bigger. (It takes a lot to get 5 stars from me!) Also, I think the instructions for using this machine are dire. Hubby had to help me figure it out!
Happy cooking & baking!
First up, I was very nearly put off buying this wonderful device because of a couple of negative reviews. I'm so glad that I ignored those comments and decided to give the Bosch a try.
To call this just a food mixer is almost an insult to all the functions this kitchen gadget can successfully carry out. I'll admit that I was just looking for a reasonable stand mixer when I purchased this but I liked the idea that the Bosch Mum had the other attachments as well. Had I just gone for one of those glossy stand mixers that I was tempted by, I'd really be missing out now. Here's my pros and cons:
1) More than just a stand mixer - you also get a blender/liquidiser, citrus press and continuous shredder/slicer accessory.
2) The mixer DOES mix small batches properly, the bowl is raised in the middle and the whisk attachments move all around the sides of the bowl. I have whisked the contents of 3 small egg whites into meringue with no problems.
3) It IS POWERFUL ENOUGH for the average home cook. I don't kid myself that I'm some amazing chef. I'm a home cook with a small family, I love to cook and I cook meals daily. This machine hasn't struggled on power with anything. Someone cooking on a professional level will probably require a machine with a motor more powerful than the 550 watts this one provides.
4) The size of the bowl is great if you're normally cooking for 2-6 people. I normally cook for 3 and require smallish quantities for which the bowl is never more than half full. But I've also made food for 6 with no issues at all.
5) Small and light enough to keep out on your worktop at all times. I have the Bosch out permanently and I also have all the accessories out on the worktop except the juicer which is large and isn't something I tend to use. The accessories do take up quite a bit of space but are very useful which is why I keep mine out because they get used a lot.
6) Looks quite smart - not as smart as those glossy mixers but smart enough for the average kitchen and luckily our accessories are black. It all seems to be well made from sturdy plastic (shredders and cutters are metal) apart from the bowl splash cover which I've never yet needed to use.
7) Mixer has been used to make meringue, sponge cakes, rich fruit cakes (use the dough hook when all the fruit needs to be mixed in,) batter, cookie mixes and loads more. Not had any issues. Yes you might need to scrape mix off the whisk if it's sticky - I imagine this would be the case with any mixer. I haven't made any bread dough because I have a bread machine but if it doesn't struggle to make a huge and thick fruit cake, I can't imagine it would struggle with dough either.
8) Blender has been used to make curry paste, soups and milkshakes. As I've never had a blender, I'm loving this feature. You simply push the Bosch Mum arm so it's pointing right down, take the cap off and push and twist the blender on. It makes delicious, frothy milk shakes with ease. Yum.
9) Continuous shredder/slicer attachment - essentially this is like a dumbed down food processor. I love the fact that you can shred or slice things right into the supplied bowl or another bowl or plate. It's easy to use once you know how it all attaches together (tip look up bosch mum videos on youtube) and I use this feature loads. It grates and slices everything I need for pizza toppings, quiches, curries, fruit pies and more - and fast. Pizza toppings and quiches are so easy now because I just slice and grate all the items in a flash. You can grate cheese on the coarse side of the shredder blade (there is a fine and coase side for each blade) but as cheese is sticky, leave it till last as it can clog it up if you're doing loads. You will probably need the coarse side for most items although I made a delicious Apple Tart with ultra fine sliced apple. It doesn't cut chunky chip shapes but I think you can buy a blade which does.
10) I love this device so much I'm doing more home cooking than ever and now having to watch my waist line!
1) It doesn't look quite as attractive as some of the (more expensive) food mixers. If you're more interested in how a kitchen gadget looks than its actual usefulness, this could be an issue.
2) Although the machine itself is pretty compact, you'll need some storage space for all the accessories because they do take up some room.
3) The instructions are not the best. However, I picked up lots just by watching a ton of youtube videos on Bosch Mum - most of the Mum devices work in a similar fashion so don't just look up this specific machine.
Love, love, love this Kitchen Machine/Helper. I'm so thankful that I decided to give it a try. It's been brilliant to use, a joy to use actually and yes I would buy another Bosch Mum again if I had to. You can buy other accessories (different blades, mincer etc) for this and a spare bowl from a UK Bosch website by the way.
If you class yourself as a home cook who enjoys cooking for a small to medium sized family, you should love this machine. Hope that helped.
Most recent customer reviews