Bosch IXO Vino Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with Limited Edition Corkscrew Attachment (Language (Old Version)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Powered by Lithium Ion technology
- Forward/reverse indicator
- Charge level indicator via LED
- No load speed 180rpm
- Up to 130 x 1 1/4 inch screws per charge
Customers Also Shopped For
IXO Vino--Let Bosch Help You Uncork the Perfect Present
The newly designed IXO Vino not only makes the perfect gift for any DIY enthusiast, wine fanatic or anyone who appreciates inventive design, it’s also a great talking point when opening wine at a dinner party.
The IXO Vino with exclusive corkscrew attachment: the world’s bestselling power tool is now more than just a cordless screwdriver. The IXO Vino is a fusion of Bosch’s bestselling screwdriver with an innovative wine opening attachment. First launched in 2010, the IXO Vino has become such a popular gift that Bosch Power Tools has launched three limited-edition designs. This small and handy tool can take on a wide range of everyday screwdriving tasks around the home, and now can even remove corkscrews. The screwdriver has all the features of the standard IXO but now includes this limited-edition corkscrew attachment.
The team behind this exclusive range are young Russian designers Aleksandra and Daria Gantseva, known as SashaDasha Design, from Moscow. They have tailor-made three different motifs for the IXO’s corkscrew adapter--whichever one you choose, it'll be sure to impress:
- The ‘Languages’ edition includes seven translations of the word ‘corkscrew’ on a black background
- The ‘Vine Leaves’ edition features red vine leaves on a white background
- The 'Wine Goblet' edition features white wine glasses on a black background
Anybody who is moving house, refurbishing, or who simply needs to retighten a few screws won’t want to do without this powerful tool. It can help you accomplish all kinds of screwdriving applications, in all materials, and with all types of screws. Thanks to lithium-ion technology, the IXO is extremely small, and it’s also lightweight at only 300 grams. Also, lithium-ion technology ensures that there is no battery self-discharge, which means that the IXO is always ready for use. The battery has no memory effect as well, which means it can be recharged at any time without losing capacity over its lifetime.
The IXO is packed with other indispensable features. The work light on the top of the IXO is handy for working in dark areas. The forward/reverse indicator and charge level indicator make the tool easy to operate. In addition, the ergonomically shaped handle, with its large Softgrip surface, provides a better and more comfortable hold. The magnetic bit holder keeps the bits firmly in place and allows extremely fast bit changes.
The Advantages of Lithium-Ion Technology
Tools with lithium-ion technology are ready for use practically all of the time. Regardless of whether the battery is fully charged, partially charged, or flat, you can put it in the charging station without having to worry about self-discharge or memory effect.
Small Tools, Big Progress--Simply Remarkable
Bosch lithium-ion cordless tools like the IXO Vino are ready for use quickly. Even after a period of 4 months on standby, a fully charged lithium-ion battery is still charged to approximately 85 per cent. This means that Bosch Power is available to you for six times longer than that of conventional NiCd batteries.
Full Power at all Times
No self-discharge, no memory effect: constant battery capacity over the entire lifetime. Always ready when you are thanks to lithium-Ion technology.
Same Battery Power at Half the Size
Due to the lithium-ion technology, the size and weight of the batteries are reduced by approximately 60 per cent compared to conventional nickel cadmium batteries--although they offer the same amount of power.
Batteries That Can Withstand the Elements
The intelligent electronic cell protection, Bosch ECP, protects the lithium-ion batteries against excessive temperatures and overload, therefore giving them a particularly long lifetime.
High Power, Low Weight
Bosch cordless tools with lithium-ion technology impress with their very compact design, low weight and very good ease of use. This saves you a lot of effort when doing those DIY jobs.
Always Ready to Hand with the Integrated Suspension Hook
The IXO Vino features a suspension hook integrated into the ergonomic handle, which can be attached to a band or cord, so it’s always ready to hand and easy to carry from one DIY project to another.
Smart, Innovative Packaging and Storage
The IXO comes complete in a high-quality special-edition ‘wine-style’ wooden display box packaging, making it a great-looking gift. The inside of the box is fitted with a smart inlay for easy storage of the IXO, charger and accessories. Alternatively, the tool can be stored outside the box on its practical charging station, ready to use when you need it.
Look for similar items by category
- DIY & Tools > Substores > Bosch DIY Store > Screwdrivers
- DIY & Tools > Substores > Regular Stores > DIY & Tools: Amazon Global Delivery Available
- Home & Garden > Home & Garden
- Home & Kitchen > Cooking & Dining > Kitchen Tools & Gadgets > Barware > Corkscrews
- Home & Kitchen > Kitchen & Home Appliances > Small Kitchen Appliances > Speciality Appliances > Electric Bottle Openers
Top Customer Reviews
Hard to believe that this is a Bosch product it's so poorly thought out:
1) There is no variable speed on the trigger. It's on or off so if you want to start slowly while your screw grips, you're out of luck.
2) There is no torque adjustment (unless you buy a replacement chuck assembly). So you need to be extremely careful not to screw too far or destroy the screw head.
3) It has LEDs to indicate which direction is selected but they only light when you pull the trigger & can see which way it's turning anyway.
4) It's top heavy & the handle is very small. Unless you have a child's hands you have to place your forefinger along the barrel & hold with just three fingers.
5) The supplied bits aren't magnetised to hold screws in place.
6) Some good news - almost. It has a little LED to illuminate the work area. Great for the back of cupboards even if it is manky, dull yellow colour. Shame it only comes on AFTER you pull the trigger!
7) A minor gripe in light of the above but it comes in an oversized wooden box. But the insert is only thin card & won't last.
As I said, I haven't used the corkscrew attachment but was disappointed to find that the housing was made of plastic.
This was supposed to be my father's Christmas present & I also bought one for myself but they'll both be going back. I haven't always had the greatest relationship with my father but I don't dislike him enough to inflict this upon him...
The drill itself fits the hand nicely,is easy to control and comes with(what seems to me)a complete set of screwdriver heads.
One of these days I might use it for its true purpose.
The corkscrew attachment works easily and fast,you just have to remember which is forward and reverse on the drill.It looks very simple so why it had to come via a Russian design house beats me.
So,if at your next cocktail party you wish to boast that you have the fastest corkscrew in the west(and east)this is the tool for you.
At last she'll be able to open a wine bottle.
It needs no operating instructions and it has enough torque to help you assemble Ikea stuff.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would recommend this to everybody. This is an excellent product. My husband and I use it all the time all over the house.Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by MLR
Perfect for all those small jobs around the house and garden where you dont need to use a big drill, would highly recommend this item.Published on 8 Jan. 2013 by Jane
Are Bosch aware that the face of the Virgin Mary regularly appears on my IXO Lithium-ion Screwdriver? Is this a marketing ploy or a real world manifestation of the power of Christ?Published on 9 Sept. 2012 by Lorenzo Stools