on 26 September 2017
With all the reviews moaning about the sensor to let u know it needs cleaning this has not happened to me. I bought this hoover 2014. What a little diamond. Yes sensor comes on when the bagless area is full or the little filter in that area has got blocked. Cleaned it up no problems after. All filters I bang against a wall to remove dust before washing them by hand and dry out properly. Put it all back together and it's ready to go. I have dogs and cats have hoovered up building work and still no problems.
1 problem is the handle length but I'm not very tall and my daughter always seems to pinch my hoover for her new place with beautiful thick carpets. Really good suction and easy to keep clean. I am a very happy customer.
on 29 December 2014
Bought this cleaner just under one year ago and was pleased with the good performance, size and reasonable weight. Cleaned all floor types very well. But over the last two weeks the filter sensor button keeps activating telling me to clean the filter. Every time this happened the vacuum would shut itself down. OK, no problem with that, initially, so (clean looking) filter was duly cleaned and replaced. However the vacuum will only operate for a minute or two before again it shuts down telling me to clean the clean(!) filter. This problem has now appeared in several Amazon reviews so it looks to be a design fault in an over sensitive sensor. Why do manufacturers have to add all these extra technical gizmos to cause potential problems. Why can't users just clean the filter themselves occasionally? Amazon, however, have been excellent and arranged pick up and refund ( as unable to supply same replacement model) as just within the 12 month warranty. Very disappointed with Bosch design which I have always found excellent in all my Bosch produced kitchen appliances. Will now look to a more straightforward vacuum without unnecessary temperamental sensors.
on 20 December 2013
I'm delighted with the Bosch Compact Allergy Bagless Vacuum Cleaner. It is so silent and really does have great suction. So much so that I have not needed to use it at the highest level. It has a good long lead so it's easy to reach the far corners. It is not as compact as I thought it would be and I find it quite heavy to pull. However, that maybe because I am a senior citizen in poor health. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who wants a really quiet cleaner.
on 14 February 2014
We bought the vacuum cleaner mainly because of the claim to be less noisy and that it was easy to clean. While the vacuum cleaner is significantly quieter than other models, I found that the the tube is really problematic. It is difficult to switch using it on different surfaces, the length is short, and in general is much heavier than any other model I have used previously. It's a shame as the product is otherwise good, but is let down by the tube. Any ideas about how to get a better tube for this model would be appreciated.
on 30 January 2015
This is literally the best vacuum cleaner I've used. The suction is just incredible!!! The amount of dust this thing pulls out of the carpet is unbelievable. Go for it without hesitating. The build quality is awesome as well. Best things are:

- Amazing suction.
- incredibly silent for something so powerful.
- No "after hoovering" smell. There are so many filers in this thing that the air it blows back out is literally dust and smell free.
- Very easy to empty
- Looks and feels strong and robust

Can't fault this. Especially for the price!

Can't think of any issues whatsoever. Maybe (maybe) some could say it's a bit too big/heavy (as in other reviews), but I found that to be not true at all.
on 26 March 2016
Very dissapointed with this vaccum cleaner. It is expensive and has issues with the sensor control making it unusable. After 1 year of use the red light would come on within 2-3 minutes of use every time and it stops vacumming. We had this issue initially within first year of use. We rang Bosch customer services for support and cleaned all the filters as instructed. The vaccum worked okay for another 6months but the issue has come back again. Cleaning filters is not fixing the problem anymore. Because it has been 2 years and 3 months after my purchase, it has gone out of warranty! My options are to throw it away or pay Bosch £99 to get an engineer. I expected such an expensive vaccum cleaner to last much longer than 2 years!! Very dissapointed with the product quality and customer service!
on 24 November 2016
Worst electrical good we ever bought. It has hardly got any suction power. Yes there are no bags, but it doesn't even fill up 1/3 of the basket and the filter gets blocked and needs you to clean it out after 2 vacuums and suction is even worse. we gave it away and fixed our old one. not even worth keeping as a back up
on 6 February 2015
I'm another person with the sensor problem. Had the vac for 10 months, reasonably happy with it, but then the same as most other people, the sensor cuts in after less than 5 minutes, making the vacuum useless (the filters and pipes are spotless)
Tried to return to amazon but got some message about being past the returns date.
The bosch website for warranty repairs seems to be designed to put people off trying to get their items repaired.
All in all, very disappointed, and will not be buying bosch appliances again.
on 25 September 2014
Compact vacuum cleaner and made to the usual high Bosch standards. Power of vacuum and length of power cable are both fine. The vacuum also feels considerably light than our previous Morphy Richards vacuum which should make lighter work when doing the stairs and landing. For the discounted price of £90, this feels like a bargain purchase.
on 8 December 2014
Had this vacuum just over 3 months and it has failed already, it has a dust sensor feature that keeps cutting out every few minutes. This results in an almost total loss of suction, this machine is now useless and not fit for purpose. I have looked at returning it to Amazon who are the seller but the returns page has told me the return period has ended so I have wasted £100 on this product.