Colour: Black and Green|Style: AHS 65-34|Change

on 28 July 2013
Have just bought bosch AHS 60-26 electric hedge trimmer, When I looked at the details it states the weight is 3.6k this is aperfect weight to use,my hedge is laural, the tooth width is 26 which works very well with the large leaves if you go to smaller tooth gap you would find that the leaves would be more damaged ie more cuts on leaf left,there is enough power in motor to work all day, fantastic bought from amazon this is a new model , make sure of the weight
VINE VOICEon 8 November 2014
I am a 8 stone, 4ft 10", 70 yr old healthy lady and so need good, lightweight tools. I purchased this having read the reviews that impressed me. I have lots and lots of bushes to cut and usually do it once a year, so as you can expect the branches are thicker than say privet or conifers (although I do have 6 conifers too).
Last year I purchased an eilnhelm (or similar name), which cut one bush then refused to work on any more, even though the blades went like mad when switched on. This was returned and money refunded.
So this year I wanted something that would really do a good job as some bushes now needed lowering a bit (thus thicker branches again).
This is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC - it has cut through the bushes like slicing butter with a hot knife. It has even cut through some quite thick branches in the centre of 3 confiers to lower them down (this was with the last 9" of the cutting blades which have a sawing action). You just hold it to the branch for a few seconds and it merrily saws through it.
Using this is really a pleasure, you have to just move it in any direction and whalla your bush is trimmed. I even did a "Rambo" action on some climbers that had really got out of hand (and these stems are tough).
My neighbour has a B & D one and had to stand for quite a few minutes to do the top of one small bush, in the same time I had done at least 3 of my harder stemmed bushes.
I cannot recommend this highly enough.
33 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2013
I found this machine very well made, easy to handle and very comfortable to hold both left or right handed. I would say weight wise more medium than light, but I have arthritis and had no problem with it. It is quiet in operation, cuts with the finest precision and very smooth, no vibration like many hedge cutters. I found even with the long blade it was easy to control and accurate even cutting shapes. It makes short work of all sizes and types of hedge branches, even the very thick ones were effortless using the sawing action of the front end of the blade. For cable stowage I found if you wrap it around the front of the hand guard then between where the cable enters the machine and the underside of the handle it makes for neat cable management. If you are in the market for a hedge cutter would highly recommend this one, I don't think for a minute you will be disappointed, I certainly wasn't.
on 2 September 2016
I can't recommend this enough. I have beech hedge roughly 120 feet long and 12 feet wide and I realised I needed to cut it back [by 2-3 feet on the outside and at least 5 foot off the top]. I was dreading it. Then, after checking the reviews for this Bosch I decided to buy this. It is wonderful; as someone says "it is like cutting through butter". I can't believe how easy it has been. I only use the loppers for the very thick branches and to tidy any rough cuts made [which are actually very few]. As a 58yr old women I do find it a little heavy when reaching up to the top of the hedge, so I take my time; but I actually look forward to cutting the hedge now - it's a real sense of achievement. It used to take me a full day to trim this hedge but I estimate that if I was just trimming the hedge it would take me less than 2 hours. The only thing slowing me down now is the mountain of cuttings - next stop an incinerator bin!
on 25 March 2014
Although bought this a while ago , only managed to use it last week when we got a some sunshine. Made easy work of the bushes and dead small trees i had to cut. The extended reach made things even easier than expected. Lovely bit of kit.
on 14 August 2014
I brought this thinking I wanted a bit of power because I have a hedge that has one part that grows much more vigorously than the rest of it and it has much thicker bits of wood, this trimmer thought nothing of it and just munched through it. It feels really nice to hold, is very balanced, really long and I have to say just so much pleasure to use, I can't wait for my hedge to grow back!

If you have a hedge that has thick pieces up to about 10mm I would say then it will be fine.
on 27 August 2013
Got this for the 40 yards (by 7') of mature hedge down our drive. Works very effectively and fast. Due to wide teeth spread probably not great for fine decorative hedging (box etc) but great for hawthorn, pyrocanthea, oleaster and laurel and allowed me to do the whole length in one go without getting tired arms.
Appears to have a soft start system that means when you pull the levers it takes a second to start and another second to get to full power. Makes comfortable and safe to use but a bit disconcerting as I initially thought the switches might not be working.
on 27 August 2013
The Bosch AHS 60 -26 electric hedge cutter is worth every penny. It does exactly what is advertised. It sliced through my Privet hedges and saved me roughly three quarters of an hour on what used to be a 2.5/3 hour job.

My only small criticism is the length of the lead. I needed an extension anyway but now I need an even bigger extension lead.
on 22 April 2014
I bought this hedge trimmer in July 2013 to replace my old Ryobi, which had given 5 years of good service.
Initial performance was ok-ish, but has steadily deteriorated to the point where it takes 4 or 5 passes to properly trim the faces of my conifer hedges, and is unable to cut branches of more than about 10mm (should do up to 26mm).
I returned the machine to Bosch under warranty,explaining that it had not been subjected to heavy or harsh usage, but have been gobsmacked to receive a bland response stating that the poor performance was due to "wear and tear from general usage" (not covered under warranty) and quoting £70 to repair.
I am amazed that a reputable manufacturer can produce a £100+ piece of kit that wears out after only a few months of normal usage - TOTALLY UNFIT FOR PURPOSE.
Needless to say, I will not be paying to have the machine repaired, but will put the money toward an updated version of my trusty old Ryobi.
Shame on you Bosch.
33 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2013
Excellent machine cuts the small branches as well as the foliage.Not too heavy to use, good reach on the cutting blade