Bosch AHS 48 cm Lithium Ion Cordless Hedgecutter
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Powerful 18V Lithium-ion battery
- 48cm blade length with 15mm tooth spacing
- Laser cut, diamond ground blades for vibration free sharp clean cutting
- Patented 'Power Tech' blade system (anti-stall system), reverses blade action
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle, dual handed safety switching
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Bosch AHS 48 LI Cordless Hedgecutter--powered by Lithium-ion technology
The Bosch AHS 48 LI Cordless Hedgecutter comes with a powerful 18V/1.3Ah Lithium-ion battery, giving you the cordless freedom to use it anywhere. With a full 48cm blade length, 15mm tooth spacing and laser cut, diamond ground blades, the AHS 48 LI gives a clean, professional-looking cut.
|Features of the AHS 48 LI Cordless Hedgecutter|
Being cordless means there’s no hassle of untangling the cable before, during or after use, but most importantly there’s no chance of cutting the cable whilst in use. The hedgecutter can be used anywhere--no need for a power source--and unlike petrol hedgecutters, it’s free of smell and excessive noise.
If a thick branch can’t be cut through immediately, the AHS 48 LI’s innovative micro-electronics detect this and instantly adjust the running direction of the blades. It uses a reciprocating motion to continue cutting powerfully through wood where other tools would stall.
| Powerful battery and blades |
The AHS 48 LI is powered by an 18V/1.3Ah Lithium-ion battery that gives 50 minutes running time when fully charged. The battery is interchangeable with other 18V Lithium-ion-powered Bosch garden and power tools. Being laser cut and diamond ground, the blades last longer, and the 15mm tooth spacing makes it easy to tackle hedges in medium-sized gardens.
|Comfortable use and vibration-free trimming |
The AHS 48 LI has been ergonomically designed for your comfort. It is easy--and safer--to operate with a two trigger start system, and since it weighs only 2.2kg, it’s easy to handle. It has quiet and vibration-free running, which means less strain on your ears and your arms. The hedgecutter comes with a protective blade cover so it can be stored safely when not in use.
There are accessories available to purchase separately to make cutting your hedge and clean-up more enjoyable. The ‘Collecto’ sweeps clippings from the top of your hedges and the ‘Clippings Sheet’ makes collection of cuttings quick, easy and tidy.
|Bosch guarantee |
The AHS 48 LI Hedgecutter comes with a 2 year parts and labour guarantee.
| Powered by Bosch Lithium-ion technology |
The Bosch AHS 48 LI Cordless Hedgecutter is powered by a Lithium-ion battery, which means:
|Lithium-ion battery performance |
The Bosch AHS 48 LI’s battery’s performance will vary according to the conditions and thickness of stems or branches. In ideal conditions it’s Lithium-ion battery will run for up to 50 minutes on one charge and should give 500-700 cycles of life, which could be anywhere between 8 to 10 years of regular usage.
|About Bosch lawn and garden products |
Bosch develop and manufacture a range of innovative powered garden products supplied to world markets. The electric and cordless product range includes:
All products are designed with the consumer in mind to make those gardening tasks easier.
Look for similar items by category
- DIY & Tools > Substores > Bosch DIY Store
- DIY & Tools > Substores > Regular Stores > DIY & Tools: Amazon Global Delivery Available
- Garden & Outdoors > Bosch Garden Store > Cordless Lithium Ion Garden Tools
- Garden & Outdoors > Bosch Garden Store > Hedgecutters
- Garden & Outdoors > Mowers & Outdoor Power Tools > Outdoor Power Tools > Hedge Trimmers
- Home & Garden > Home & Garden
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) the battery lasts about an hour before it needs recharging
2) the hedgecutter cuts through privet with ease
3) it struggles a bit with the conifer hedging (taking into account that I would expect it to do so with larger branches)
4) it does not want to know the laurel hedge. Although it makes a valiant attempt to cut the sides, it just "bounces off the top of the hedge" as it does not have the weight or the "punch" to make a clean cut. After several attempts I eventually gave up and used an old Black & Decker power hedgecutter that once belonged to my dad and finished the job in a mere fraction of the time it would have taken with the Bosch (recharginbg times not included). I dread to think of the wear and tear.
Although I would recommend this hedgecutter for certain types of hedges, I am now find myself in the position where I will have to buy a more powerfull machine.
I have 2 mature privets and 1 mature hawthorn all around 6ft high.
It cut through the privet with ease and did pretty well with the hawthorn bar a few times when the anti stall kicked in. Now usually when the hawthorn causes a jam I'm tugging away trying to get the hedge cutter unjammed but no such issue this time which really helped cut the completion time down.
This product is also very light being approximately half the weight of my old electric and with no cables to worry about I was able to cut the hedge tops using it upside down over my head rather than getting the steps out - job done in no time.
One small gripe is you have to remove the battery to charge (fiddly) and there's no wall mount facility for either the charger or hedge cutter.
Battery re-charges in 20 minutes does not lose it's charge between use.
Cutts like a dream tad dearer than the old technology. Use it save the world and don't get worn out trimming that hedge. Well done Bosch this item is every bit as good as their Li-ion powered lawn mower which is wonderful too!
1. I find the battery difficult to remove, because it involves pressing the release catch in the opposite direction to the battery removal direction.
2. Operation of the trimmer involves squeezing two levers/catches together which, although not difficult, does seem to be at an awkward angle, and my hand and arm muscles ache after a relatively short time. This operation seems common to most hedge trimmers, but my elecric 'Little Wonder' trimmer is much easier as it requires only fingertip pressure on a button, once started.
I suspect that these two problems are because the hedgetrimmer was designed by a man, for men (who go to the gym), and I am a female with weaker muscles! Having said this I still love the hedge trimmer and am glad I bought it - I would certainly buy the same one again, and would recommend it.
Managed to trim two bushes before the battery ran out, not bad going as it was on last years charge.
Now for the problem, the charger will not work, trimmer and battery I know are OK as I have just used them, so I check fuse in plug, OK, but green light on charger lights then dims instantly and battery is not charged.
No problem I thought, two year guarantee clearly stated on all advertising, went back to Homebase, not our problem, our guarantee is one year the other year is provided by Bosch they confirm.
OK, so I e-mail Bosch, no reply, so after two weeks I e-mail again, get a reply the charger is only covered for one year, yet NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THIS, battery the same apparently, so I have to buy a new one.
Not happy, feel ripped off by both Homebase and Bosch, won't buy Bosch products ever again.
So BEWARE the two year guarantee is NOT A TWO YEAR GUARANTEE, despite the advertising says so.
I have an 8ft high, 4ft deep 30ft long beech hedge. I've cut it with shears and secateurs, not much fun and very slow. I've paid someone to cut it with an electric trimmer, costly and in my opinion dangerous for the one up the ladder with all that wire trying to get in the way.
When I saw that Bosch also make a lithium ion battery powered hedge trimmer there was really no contest between that and a conventional electric trimmer, even though it cost about 3 times as much.
When I got it out of the box it was lightweight and easy to move around in any direction. As soon as it was fully charged I tackled the much overgrown hedge. Not only did it do a brilliant job it was fun and safe to use. Having to hold 2 things at once made sure both hands were out of the way of the blade and I soon got used to whizzing it along the top and sides of the hedge. If it met a very thick branch the safety cut out worked before I could do any damage to the trimmer.
I would recommend this to anyone who can grip with both hands and feels personal safety is worth paying for. I'm just waiting for my hedge to grow a bit so that I can have another go.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has lasted years, a really nifty, lightweight tool for shaping hedges without cutting through a cable. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Ian D. Smith
Exceeded my expectations, cuts 100ft of 6/7ft hedge on single charge, wasn't expecting it to perform like an electric one, but the lightness and freedom far outweigh having to... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Mr Karl Gregson
Excellent, lightweight Bosch Li-On product. Same battery powers my Bosch Leaf Blower too.
My 8yr old Bosch lawnmower uses larger Li-On batteries and they are still going... Read more