on 11 September 2014
This is a really nice little kit for anyone starting out with a drill set. It has a selection of wood, metal (HSS) and masonry drill bits along with a small selection of other items to see any occasional DIYer through most jobs. The sturdy case keeps them all together and is handy for storage. Overall, I like!
on 2 December 2016
Recently I've taken to destroying drill bits for some reason. I use the correct ones in the correct way but even so I've been getting breakages that sometimes have left half the bit in the workpiece (a "bee hotel", for example), so I've become a bit more concerned about finding ones that do the job for me without too much fuss. Bosch is a trusted brand for me; I use a lot of their tools these days, so these were bought to replace older non-branded bits that until now I never knew I was struggling with.

A bit like some screws will drive more easily into a workpiece, drill bits can be the same, and although it is hard to get specific about why these bits would be any better than any other, I find working with them is actually overall just a bit less hassle. I could try to theorise about why, but what's the point? They're just easier to use, and this basic set is fine for general DIY, covering most of the situations a typical house and garden will throw at you. It not only has screwdriver bits and drill bits (for masonry, wood and metals, 5 or 6 of each), but the more common socket spanner sizes too. My only gripe is the means of holding the bits in place by the use of small rubbery inserts through which the shanks of the bits are pushed - it could be easier, but I guess that Bosch thought that this approach would be more durable than small plastic clips that would become brittle with age.

What I would emphasise is that if possible you check the contents quite carefully (they're listed in the product description for the item). There are more comprehensive kits above this most basic one that may suit your needs better if you do a lot of work rather than the occasional fix-up of something. For the price, getting more of the commonly-used bits has seldom been easier. After all, it's the most used stuff that suffers the most! I'd never really twigged the idea that drill bits could just get old and less effective even when they still look superficially okay, and getting a new set really woke me up to that fact. I needed more screwdriver bits and drill bits so, for me, this was an obvious choice.
on 1 December 2015
Bought this product a year ago, made the mistake of lending it my husband. It was returned minus attachments etc. Not happy, decided to purchase again but this time one for him (he can lose his attachments to his hearts content) and one for me. Sorted. It really is a good bit of kit, handy size with drill bits and screwdriver attachments and super value for money, this is twice the price at a local diy shop.
on 17 April 2018
Fantastic quality drill bits. I'm really surprised at how many there are and the toughness of them for the price. Well worth the money.

PROS:

All the bits fit neatly into the little case. It makes finding the right bit so much easier.

These bits are tough. I've used the masonry bits umpteen times, as well as the wood bits and the driver bits, and they're all standing the test of time and use.

Nice selection. For your average DIYer, you'll find pretty much all the bits you'll need for jobs around the house. I even found a bit in here that would undo a nut on my car to replace the bulb. It saved me going out and having to buy a bit just for that job.

CONS:

I honestly can't fault this little set whatsoever. Plenty of bits and they are good quality.

Overall I'm really pleased with this set. I've just finished doing a lot of work to my house, and I'd say I used around half the bits in this set. Don't bother buying smaller sets, just buy this set and you'll rarely need any small bits again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 April 2018
Perfect little accessory set for my drill. Bought as the pieces I was using were being ruined and also ruining screws as I was attempting to complete really simple jobs. My Dad recommended Bosch pieces as they are really hard wearing, and he was right! There are plenty of pieces so you can always find something for the job at hand, and the box also explains what each piece is used for (wood, metal or masonry) so even someone as inexperienced as me can feel semi confident in what they are doing.

The box is really handy as it keeps everything together nicely, and it is easy to spot i f you have mislaid something, therefore have more of a chance of finding it. The box is also small enough that I can fit it easily into my drill bag, so manage to keep everything together, and I can grab it all as needed. I would definitely recommend this as a starter pack for most of your drilling needs!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 April 2017
Very happy with the quality of the wood and metal drill bits. Masonry bits are a bit soft. Driver bits are suitable for most domestic applications, but fall short for any prolonged/professional use. Good price.
on 10 January 2016
Great for the price exactly what I need for the odd d.i.y jobs around the house, could do with a print on the rubber to let you know what drill bits are for wood, metal, masonry, although it does state on the back and not hard to work it out, these are the times I miss my ex boyfriend! Although I can say I did a fab job myself once I put my mind to it, thanks chuffed to bits with my little tool box
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 July 2017
Very good value drill and screwdriver bit set would suit the occasional DIYer ​or someone like me who wants a decent set of drill bits when I go out on site ... just in case.

The case is smart and robust, and to be honest at this price, it is a bit of a bargain as just trying to replace 2 or three of the bits would cost you more.
on 23 August 2017
needed these dirll bits for a few jobs around the home one was to fit a light fiting did the job no problem wot so ever I'd recommend this bits to any one you also get scerw drive bits a fantastic little kit to have very happy with it thank you
on 1 December 2015
For £23 quid you can't go wrong, lovely little set that will get the most avid DIY'er out of a hole, a nice selection of wood and steel drill bits and a decent selection of screwdriver bits, plus 4 small sockets 7,8,10 & 13mm with the attachments you need to use them, a nice little countersink too. I really like the way that you can remove the whole line of bits or drills by pulling out the rubber seatings, remove the one you need, use it then put it back and then pop the whole row back into place in the case. Overall I'd recommend this set but it's not meant for heavy work but if you know what your doing you'd know that anyhow.