- Buy two for £25 when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Born Free (1966) Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD)
|Additional Blu-ray options||
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This wondrous true adventure from the best-selling novel about a woman who raised a lioness and eventually set her free is beautifully photographed on the vast, golden savannas of central Africa.
When game warden George Adamson (Bill Travers) is forced to kill a menacing lion and lioness, he and his wife Joy (Virginia McKenna) adopt their three cubs. Two are sent off to zoos, but the third is kept – a female they name Elsa – to which they have become particularly attached. When Elsa becomes a full grown lioness, the Adamsons realise that she must be set free and taught to survive on her own. A year later the Adamsons return to the savanna and are surprised by a very special welcome from their old friend.
Highly acclaimed for its cinematography and music, Born Free is a story of courage and love, nature, and a relationship unlike any other ever filmed. Eureka Entertainment is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, in a special Dual-Format edition.
DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Stunning High-Definition presentation
- Uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Isolated score track
- Audio Commentary with Film Historians Jon Burlingame, Julie Kirgo, and Nick Redman
- Spirit of Elsa – a featurette on the Born Free Foundations work in Kenya
- Elsa the Lioness 60<sup>th</sup> Anniversary – a short featurette about Elsa, the lioness whose story is the basis for Born Free
- Promotional featurette, generously provided by the Born Free Foundation
- Original Theatrical Trailers
“Born Free gives us a deep deep myth – and it’s a very encouraging myth – that we are at one with nature. Death and destruction and pain and agony are not part of that myth. They happen to be part of the natural world”
– David Attenborough
“Beautifully shot, brilliantly scored by John Barry and sensitively staged by director James Hill, this charming adaptation of Joy Adamson's bestseller is one of the great animal films.” – David Parkinson, Radio Times
“Without minimizing the facts of animal life or overly sentimentalizing them, this film casts an enchantment that is just about irresistible” – New York Times
“a nicely restrained children's tearjerker that doesn't overdo the anthropomorphism, despite extreme provocation.” – Chicago Reader
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
by a very much impressed 12 year old.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Probably a unique motion picture.Emotionally moving at times.Picture image is good when shot for the film-less so the 16mm nature stock footage. Read morePublished 11 days ago by dq
Based on a true story the film is adapted from 'Joy Adamson's' non-fiction novel 'Born Free'
After Game Warden 'Adamson' (Bill Travers) is forced to kill a Lion that had... Read more
Awaiting new disk will update soon
Still check disks but my replacement disk on blu ray has no freezes on it so up rated my review
Ok to be fair not a massive... Read more