Borderline Personality Disorder Paperback – 31 Dec 2001
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The style is easy to read (perhaps a little basic), maybe especially useful for therapy students and those recently qualified.
It's not really a self-help book, but has a lot of comparative information about different therapeutic modalities
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It seems that the general, underlying advice which this author gives is one of communal support groups or finding therapists who have the necessary knowledge of dealing with BPD.
For those unfortunate people out there who know that they do have BPD but who either cannot afford a suitable therapist or who do not have the means of joining up with BPD support groups (due to distances involved or other insurmountable difficulities) - one feels let down after finally discovering the diagnosis as to what exactly ails you.
A short section regarding available and used medications for BPD is discussed, together with their side effects too, but other than that - anyone who suffers from BPD will not get full guidance just how they can go about learning to deal with this most incapacitating illness.
If you are looking for answers as to how to deal with your illness - this book sadly falls flat towards the end...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > The Self, Ego & Personality
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology