Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 2 October 2012
This LE strategy guide is, firstly, a steal at this current price on Amazon (RRP is £19.99) and I'd recommend everyone snap it up while they can.

It is a really nicely designed guide. That looks great, and feels great in the hand. (Plus it smells nice too...)
I always buy guides for games with substantial content, as although all this information is available for free online (As every guide review in the world will tell you) I still take great joy in the physical. Guides like this one are a prime example of why I still buy them - It's just so much nicer to sit there with a game specific, superbly designed tome as you go through the game rather than just a wall of text on a website.

So, it is very superbly presented but it also has a very substantial amount of information, in fact so much so I was quite surprised at what I was missing in the game until I picked this up. I thought I was being rather thorough, but clearly not! There are a ton of hidden challenges and references in the game, a guide like this ends up becoming invaluable.
The bestiary is worth special note, with great info and design. The cardboard folding Claptrap and Skag are nice additions to have, and overall I can't really fault it.

The only thing that is a slight gripe is that the directions/pictures showing where the 'Cult Of The Vault' symbols are located are somewhat hit and miss. The directions are short, and some of the pictures are basically useless. For example, it might show you a 3-picture sequence of how to jump up to where you need to be, but one of the pictures is in the daytime and the others are at night - And you can't make the night pictures out very well.
But again, this is just a slight gripe.

Overall, a great little package that is beautifully presented in the Borderlands style jam packed filled with content. As I said earlier, once you own this it might end up becoming somewhat essential for any completionists out there!
on 6 October 2012
The guide arrived on time and looks great - HOWEVER - there has obviosuly been a printing error, as a number of ages do not have any text on them (it looks like the black plate for printing has not been used, just the magenta, yellow and cyan), which means those pages are useless. Because this was bought from Amazon of course there is no way to give feedback or complain, or to try and ensure that a replacement has all the printing it should have. Where the guide is complete it is really useful, but this has spoilt the pleasure in being able to read it from cover to cover. Brady Games as the publisher (and their printer) is at fault. I would have given the guid a 5 but this may be a problem with an entire batch of books.
on 26 September 2012
Beautifully put together with plenty of important information and fantastically illustrated. The only issue is that this particular copy has very tight binding, making it quite difficult to open some of the pages. I'm not sure that this is an issue with this particular copy or all of them, but if you don't want to risk it you may want want to purchase the cheaper standard edition instead. This is no criticism of the work that has been out into this product though.
on 24 April 2013
If your struggling with the game you could do worse than buy this.
If you, like me, wanted it for info on the legendary weapons and how to get them you will be disappointed.
No dlc content included either ( not surprising) could do with an update
on 5 November 2012
I wasn't expecting much when I ordered this but when I was first able to open it up and read all the really in depth information it mabe the game so much more. And unless you were to read the main quest, you would not find any spoilers.
on 15 October 2012
As mentioned in a previous review, it appears that this book has had a bit of a dodgy first printing!
Lots of stats tables are missing the figures and are just blank tables! Lots of pages also appear to be lacking black ink and shading, leaving a weird magenta/cyan twinge to every picture and background.
I'm considering returning this book to Amazon as I really wanted to see what stats were in those tables!
Please report this issue to Bradygames on their website as I have done (under 'Defective Product') and maybe they will do a second printing of these, or at least reimburse those who have bought these faulty first printings.

**UPDATE** After bringing the issue to the attention of Bradygames, a helpful representative arranged a replacement copy to be shipped across the pond to me, free of charge. I received my replacement guide yesterday and it's perfect. Very pleased with their response to this.
on 2 October 2012
Very nice book and really helpful with pretty much everything in the game, I always have it next to me when im on borderlands 2 and it always comes in very handy when exploring and doing side quests. It also looks incredible.
on 29 September 2012
Great product, good price, arrive in just 5 days to Tenerife, the quality and all the information included is fantastic, if you want discover all Pandora`s secrets, you will need this book.
on 28 February 2013
I am a massive Borderlands fan, and my brother and I played through the first instalment with the original guide and had a blast.

As a result, we ordered the special edition for Borderlands 2, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. There wasn't as much clear guidance as there was from the original, and as a result chests were missed with other items. There was also not the same amount of recommendations on character development.

There is some great detail in the book, however.
on 26 September 2012
This has been well thought out, but in my copy at least there has either been a printing error or an oversight at the publishers because there are several tables of information that have nothing in them apart from the titles...

Apart from that though, the Book is well laid out and is easier to follow than some stategy guides with good ideas on character builds and strategies for dealing with some of the more difficult areas.

If not for the missing info in some of the tables as already mentioned, this would easily have been a 5 star review from me.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse