on 3 February 2014
This product actually gave me the inspiration to up the ante on home cooked food as it's so simple to use I literally took some veg from dinner, gave it a whirl in this processor and 'hey presto' I had a whole tray of wholesome food to give my little one. It turns out that he actually loves my cooking and likes a few lumps and texture to chew on too.

I love the simple, easy to clean design (please do read the instructions though and don't wash the whole lid like I did first time round!), also the handy lid means it can be used for food storage too. The pull cord is easy to do - so much so my 3 year old loves to have a go and feels so proud that he has mixed up his little brothers dinner! I can't wait to take this on holiday so baby can eat fresh on the go along with the rest of us :)

Only 1 downside for me is I feel that the blades should come with protective covers as these are obviously treacherously sharp and I have yet to find something to put the blade section in after cleaning and when using the pot as a food container.
on 13 May 2014
I received this as a gift, and I must admit that when I saw it I didn't expect it to work at all. I mean, the blades spin by repeatedly pulling on a chord-- very low-tech. But it actually works amazingly well. It chops up everything and much finer and more evenly than I expected. For pureeing baby food, it's vastly superior to my food processor. It's easy to assemble, disassemble, and clean also. As an added bonus-- It's turns out it's also really great for making guacamole (especially if you are stuck with under-ripe avocados).
on 16 July 2014
Wonderful device. Works well. Bought it for my daughter with new baby and she liked it so much that I bought one for my other daughter. They both love it. Works well, no electricity needed and easy to travel with. I highly recommend this product.
on 11 November 2016
When I first bought this food processor it was initially to go abroad with my newly weaned 6 month old.

I had fairly low expectations being a manual food processor (and being a self-admitted fairly feeble female) that I wouldn't manage to get anything much better than lumps. I was very wrong, as a few pulls on the cord and you have a wonderfully smooth puree without breaking too much of a sweat.

We went on an all inclusive holiday, so this product was ideal for picking and choosing whatever foods I thought best from the buffet and whizzing them up for my baby to enjoy. Not only that, it has become a regularly used kitchen item in our home as I find it much more convenient to use and clean than our electric food processor.

Which brings me to cleaning - we just shove the bottom two pieces in the dishwasher and give the top a wipe which works perfectly. While on holiday, cleaning in the sink was also fairly easy, but I would say to be extremely careful around the blades as they are not only sharp, but they are close together making it a little difficult to get a cloth or sponge between them.

All in all a brilliant product that not only does what it says - it is also very good exercise on the arms!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 November 2014
Really handy to have! We bought this to take on holiday with us. My daughter is past the comlpletely puréed stage but still likes her food finely chopped. This makes it so easy to achieve that. The more that you pull the handle, the more chopped it becomes. It is easy to use and relatively light. It manages to cope with even the toughest meat.
on 15 January 2015
Does what it says...but not suitable for small quantity,leaves some bits behind.
on 13 November 2014
Unless your baby eats adult sized portions or you have a large freezer and want to cook in bulk, this is too big for mushing baby food. You need to put in large quantities for it to work effectively.
I wanted to be able to mush up a little of what we were having for dinner for my daughter but it's not suitable for that.
on 30 December 2015
A great little machine. I bought it for creating soups and smoothies on my boat as I don't have mains electricity and it works really well. Have created smoothies and made quacamole too. Not always as smooth as an electric blender but certainly good enough for me.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 August 2014
Did not find this very good. Tried out with a banana and yes it mashed it up but nowhere smooth enough for a baby who is not into bits in their food yet, so put away until he is.
on 28 September 2014
Not as small as I had hoped - wanted it for travel. The other issue is that it doesn't seem to blend as I had hoped. Never mind
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse