Bookchair Regular Large Dark Transparent
Customers also shopped for
The famous and original Bookchair, hand-finished out of rubber wood, with cotton cloth backing.Available in four sizes and different colourways to accommodate the smallest to the largest book or newspaper - and with medium and standard sizes now suitable also for ereaders and tablet PCs. Hand-finished in FSC (Forestry Stewardship Commission) certified pine wood.Adjusts to three angles and extendable pegs for extra thick books. Useful for leisure reading, travel, computer work, study, craftwork etc
Top customer reviews
1. Allows me to hold my books open as I study. As I write this it is holding open a fairly hefty law textbook of almost 1300 pages.
2. The 'arms' that hold the book open are fairly small and unobtrusive.
3. Page turning is easy.
4. Springs on the arms allow you to pull them out further to accomodate larger books.
5. Lightweight and easy to store.
1. I entertain certain doubts about the quality: although, overall, it is fairly solid, the 'arms' are quite flimsy and I can foresee them snapping fairly easy. Though this is purely hypothetical - they are working perfectly fine just now.
2. With smaller books (for example a thinner textbook I own, at just over 300 pages)do not sit in quite as easily and have more of a tendency to move about as they attempt to close themselves. Definitely would be too large for novels - would need to get the smaller chair for that.
3. At the very end, or the very start, of books, the 'arms' struggle to hold the small number of pages at one side whilst struggling to accomodate the large number at the other side.
Overall I give it 4/5: it does what it is needed, and only due to the doubts over the strength of the 'arms' does it miss out on 5/5.
Definitely up to the job of a study aid, and is definitely preferrable to struggling to hold my book open on my lap / on the little bit of table in front of my laptop as I type notes!
I daresay the wooden one will last longer, but this one is brilliant so far. Well worth the money!
The clips are spring loaded and can accommodate such texts and whilst it worked, it was pretty good. Unfortunately, after about 3 months, the tray supporting the book snapped off.
I think plastic will only suit pocket paperbacks - stick to wood and metal for heftier tomes.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category