Bonkers: My Life in Laughs Hardcover – 10 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fabulous? Yes. Funny? Absolutely (Mail on Sunday)
Beautifully written and frequently hilarious (Guardian)
Delightfully funny... she writes with moving honesty (Hello!)
Her account of battling breast cancer is as honest as it is uplifting (Daily Mail)
'Hilarious and brilliant' (Kirsty Young BBC Radio 4)
Endearing and hilarious. If only all celebrity biographies were this funny (Telegraph)
About the Author
Jennifer Saunders is a comedian, writer and actress. She has won three BAFTAs, an International Emmy, a British Comedy Award, a Rose d'Or, two Writers' Guild Awards and a People's Choice Award. She first found widespread attention in the 1980s when she formed The Comic Strip after graduating from the Central School of Speech and Drama. With Dawn French, she wrote and starred in French & Saunders, the long-running hit sketch show. She won worldwide acclaim in the 1990s for writing Absolutely Fabulous, playing Edina Monsoon.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's rather marvellous. I had read some not particularly complimentary reviews on ITunes - just niggly things like people saying that Dear Fatty(Dawn French's book) was better and to read that instead, or that the book sounded like Jennifer showing off about her famous friends.
Two points there to pick up on.
1) French and Saunders are in fact two individuals, not one person. So to recommend people read someone else's autobiography instead is silly. This isn't meant to be Dear Fatty, this is meant to be Bonkers, the fact that these two people have closely linked lives is by the by. I wanted to read about Jennifer Saunders life, so I read this book. As those Americans would add - period.
2) People like to read about famous people's lives because they include other famous people. If Ms Saunders spent this book telling us about Barbara from behind the counter in Spar, and John from the pub's brother we would be bored. So she throws in a few Goldie Hawns and Ruper Everetts. If ever I write my autobiography, it will include the time Stevie Nicks waved at me. Yes I will.
Bonkers is funny, warm and very human, even with a fancy cocktail in its hand on some millionaire's yacht. And next time I watch French & Saunders Series 1-6 Box Set (6 discs) [DVD], ...Read more ›
As a huge fan I giggled through the book in a day.
It is to be hoped perhaps a novel will follow however anyone who reads this and has read bonkers will know it may be a long wait. Hah!
I saw Jennifer Saunders interviewed at the Southbank Centre on Tuesday and realised how uncool it is to be a superfan... See [...] for more info.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutley fab , very amusing and down to earth loved the faxes and the animal tales really worth a read😀😀😀😀Published 3 days ago by frant
I love Jennifer Saunders and this book is excellent. She is honest, self deprecating and not smug which endears her story to the reader. Read morePublished 5 days ago by C Broughton
Highly recommend - a great read! Full of laughs and what a lovely person.Published 29 days ago by daisy may
yup, she is Bonkers! Loved it, laughed with Jen and the exploration. Only put the book down because I had to pee from laughingPublished 1 month ago by WR
Having grown up watching Jennifer Saunders on TV, I couldn't wait to read her story.
It is just as funny as she is, its open and honest and no hold barred. Read more
Very good. Enjoyed reading about the life of Jennifer
. All the best for your future. Live long and prosper.