Bones, Genetics, and Behavior of Rhesus Macaques: Macaca Mulatta of Cayo Santiago and Beyond (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects) Paperback – 25 Jan 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:“After the introductory chapter providing a history of Cayo Santiago and the CPRC, the 12 research articles in this volume address important anthropological, psychological, biological, clinical, and evolutionary questions, and clearly demonstrate the successful integration of diverse fields, including genetics, morphology, physiology, and behavior using a single animal model. … this new collection of papers continues to demonstrate the important value of the CPRC and how its resources can be used to better understand human and nonhuman primate biology.” (Biren A. Patel, The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 88 (2), June, 2013)
From the Back Cover
The introduction of rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta) to Cayo Santiago, Puerto Rico in 1938, and the subsequent development of the Caribbean Primate Research Center (CPRC) for behavioral and biomedical research, has generated an unparalleled resource for physical anthropology and other fields in the social, biological, and medical sciences. Bones, Genetics, and Behavior of Rhesus Macaques: Macaca Mulatta of Cayo Santiago and Beyond highlights recent and ongoing research in physical anthropology, and reveals the numerous research opportunities that still exist at this unusual rhesus facility.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Behaviour
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biochemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biological Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology