on 26 February 2016
I purchased a set of these bands approximately 15 months ago. They are excellent for home workouts and give incredible flexibility in terms of the different body parts you can target etc. However, two of the bands have snapped in the last week (red and green cable) which is very disappointing. I have now purchased a new full set as cannot purchase individual cables from Amazon.
review image
12 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 October 2014
I'm so glad I chose to buy this brand over the cheaper alternatives that were available. The strength and quality of all the pieces are very good - for example, just look close-up at the size and heavy-duty weight of the end clips on this product compared to the illustrations of lesser quality items. The door-anchor (bottom left in photo) does work very well, pushed through the hinged edge of your door, although I found only one of my doors had a big enough gap when open (5mm required) to thread the flat but padded loop through, so it was a little bit fiddly.
Being a cyclist, I overcame the need to buy a second door-anchor (to vary the height used in different exercises) by looping a punctured and deflated bicycle inner-tube over the top edge of the open door and then firmly closing the door, with about 12" of the tube hanging down in a loop in the room where I'm exercising. That works a treat in my set-up but you'd have to decide what's best/safest for you. I certainly think a second anchor is a very worthwhile investment, rather than having just the one and needing to move it each time.
A few reviewers, bemoaning a lack of enough resistance in the bands, don't seem to realise that you can combine two or more bands together to increase the strength of pull required.
These bands are so easy to use, store and transport - much easier than using various free weights and just as effective. Resistance bands are the preferred equipment recommended by my personal trainers, Cody Sipe and Dan Ritchie, (on their excellent DVD 'Never Grow Old Fitness Program', demonstrating a number of incremental exercise programmes, all geared for maintaining functional strength, flexibility and balance in users in their 50s, 60s & 70s+). Personally, I am much more motivated by the 'live' training sessions on their DVD, which I bought, rather than by just following the illustrations on the massive wall-chart that's included in this kit, but I'm sure the chart would prove useful, describing many alternative exercises, if that was your starting point. So far, I've not bothered to sign-in online to check-out the 2-month trial of exercises that were part of this deal from Bodylastics as Cody and Dan are enough for me at present.
13 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2014
I can't really add to the excellent reviews given already. But I'll try.

I ordered two sets, that gives me more handles and the extra door anchor. More than enough to see me through for quite a while. Any beginner will manage fine with one set though and if you watch the online videos and don't rush it, you'll be fine.

I've been using them for about a week now on alternate days and I'm seeing small improvements already. By that I mean I've moved up a band for some exercises and the aching is a lot less as my body gets used to weight training after a long lay off. I selected the exercises I wanted from the wall chart and then watched the online videos to accompany them. Just a few minutes each they are worth watching so you know you're actually doing it right with correct form.

I can't stress how important it is to start slowly. Depending on your general fitness, age and health you might want to start by just making the movements of the exercise and then add the yellow band. Unlike being at the gym there's no feeling that you're being judged by the constantly constipated grunting specimens in the corner. Don't worry, you'll soon notice that you need to try moving up a band.

The bands appear to be good quality, the carabiners that snap on to the rings are strong and well made. The rings themselves welded closed so no fear of anything failing, Placing the anchor through the hinged side of the door ensures that it's going nowhere and the cord that they place inside each band stops you over stretching them.

After using the bands I certainly feel as if I have done a decent session. I've used free weights and machines and these beat the machines and for the level I intend to use them for are at least as good as free weights.

If you want a way to add strength training to your life without a costly and space consuming home gym, then these bands are perfect.
11 people found this helpful
on 3 May 2016
These are an absolute must if you need resistance or weights when travelling. I have used these a number of times in my hotel room and they are perfect for the job. I have increased my resistance by adding bands to the handles and I can certainly attest to the level of workout provided compared with regular weights. If you use these with some instructional workouts or charts you will see the results in a relatively short space of time as long as use them consistently. I have not yet had one snap on me but I am confident that the protection these straps have built in will protect me if they decide to break.
on 17 May 2015
These are a great alternative to free weights since they aren't heavy. I'm a student and getting weights between my accommodation here and my family home would be difficult with textbooks etc.

I can't see any difference in the force they produce in comparison - force is force and if you can do little more than 15 reps in a set then you're on the right track.

I took a star off because I don't find the range of exercises as useful as they look in the instruction set. A lot of them are awkward to set up and it's a better use of my time to just get on the floor and do some bodyweight exercises.
They really excel for bicep curls, which is what I use them most for.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 March 2016
Very fast delivery, ordered yesterday, received it today!
The bands seem to be high quality and yes, they do have the Snap Guard.
The clips are of decent quality, the best I've seen on this type or product.
The door anchor is long enough to do the job, the neoprene lining to protect the rubber bands is a welcomed extra!
The handles are of good quality and feel comfortable.
The ankle straps seem a bit too big, however, they should do the job. The neoprene lining makes them more comfortable.
The booklet that comes with it is quite good and has many detailed exercises to help you tone up.
on 14 July 2015
Excellent pack that comes with a variety of bands, along with the handles, door anchor and ankle straps. Everything you will need. I bought these bands to replace my collection of dumbells, which were gradually taking up more and more space in the bedroom. All this stuff fits in a bag in the corner of my room.

If you're not getting enough resistance, attach more than one band to the handles. Easy. I've worked through most combinations and have now bought the two heavier bands that aren't included in the set. Also worth noting that after-care from Bodylastics is excellent.
2 people found this helpful
on 31 October 2014
Being someone who does not have the time or the money to spend on a gym membership I decided to buy resistance bands after reading an article on a magazine for the endless exercise combinations they offer.

The item arrived very well packed and delivers absolute quality for the price.

It comes with a wonderful plethora of accessories and attachments to ensure you can do all the exercises you want.
My favourite is the massive, massive wall chart that shows the combination of bands to achieve which weight and about a hundred exercise positions grouped by the area they effect.

The small bag can carry all the items and when packed weighs very little making it convenient to carry for weekend holidays etc.

Overall, perfect item for perfect price. More than satisfied.
on 26 September 2016
This product seems to be really well made. The carabiners seem to be really strong, certainly strong enough to cope with the 100lbs or so that this kit is supposed to exert at max. Makes me think that broken carabiners mentioned in other reviews are either very unlucky or due to misuse. The ankle straps are well padded and simple to use. The handles are sturdy and well made. The app that goes with the kit explains all the exercises in detail. A booklet detailing some exercises is also included in the kit. If I was to be really picky the bag is a bit naff but it still does the job.
on 23 March 2016
I bought 3 of these for xmas and gave to each couple. they all rave on about it even now. they are all impressed about the sturdiness of them and say they are fun to use with great results.
I bought mine from "Bodylastics International" and they arrived in plenty of time and was packed well.
Don't be fooled into thinking they are like all the other resistant bands; the have good metal hooks and stitched well, all material used is superior weight and thickness.