- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Body Wars: Why body dissatisfaction is at epidemic proportions and how we can fight back Paperback – 5 Jun 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Body dissatisfaction is at epidemic proportions. A leading psychologist tackles the issue head on
About the Author
Dr Aric Sigman specialises in child health education. He is a Fellow of The Society of Biology and Associate Fellow of The British Psychological Society. His health and psychology book Getting Physical won The Times Educational Supplement's Information Book Award. His biology paper on the biological aspects of media, body image and dieting, 'A Source of Thinspiration?', was selected as the '2012 Scientific Article' for Britain's GCE Biology A-level exam. He's written for the Times Educational Supplement and his books Remotely Controlled, The Spoilt Generation and Alcohol Nation have caused ongoing public debate. He travels frequently to observe health issues in various cultures including North Korea, Republic of Congo, Turkmenistan, Bhutan, Mali, Tonga, Burma, West Papua, Laos, Iran, Vietnam, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Far Eastern Siberia, Sumatra, South Korea, Cambodia, Chile, Philippines and others.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Women have a gift that cannot be photographed, manufactured, bottled or sold, and it's called simple caring, compassion and kindness. These are real female qualities that make a man fall in love
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Food & Drink > Diets & Healthy Eating > Weight Control
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Women's Health & Lifestyle
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Physical