Body Shame: Conceptualisation, Research and Treatment Paperback – 17 Oct 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'For those working with patients who experience any form of body disfigurment this book covers all the issues comprehensively... the section on psychological disorders is particularly insightful and well referenced... all chapters are extensively referenced and offer a balanced view. This is an excellent book in every respect.' - Mike Lehane, Nursing Standard
'This edited work is clearly structured in a way that should inform and stimulate debate on the subject of body shame... I would recommend this book.' - Professor Glenn Waller, Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy Journal--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Paul Gilbert is Professor of Clinical Psychology at the Mental Health Research Unit at Kingsway Hospital, University of Derby and Derbyshire Mental Health Services Trust.
Jeremy Miles is Lecturer in Biostatistics at the Department of Health Sciences, University of York. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks