Size: 8 Cup|Change

I was a bit dubious before ordering this, as the picture shows a clear beaker, whereas my Bodum one (which I recently broke) has writing on it. I shouldn't have worried, as this is the genuine article, and does have the writing on the side. It is a fantastic replacement for the one I broke. As I take the glass beaker out and wash the entire thing once or twice a week, the beaker just slides out really easily, and this one just slid back in. The only disadvantage of these beakers, are that they break easily. I had my old plastic Bodum beaker for years, before deciding to get a new cafetiere, when I decided on a glass one. I've had it several months, but now I've broken it, so if I break this new one within the next year, I will be going back to a plastic one.
review image review image
on 9 November 2015
These glass jugs are incredibly fragile, so I broke mine when loading the dishwasher just by accidentally pressing another disk against it.

So it's really good that you can replace the glass so easily without having to buy the whole cafetiere again. The only thing that's difficult is working out which is the correct replacement to buy. I found the Bodum website helpful here - it seems to have clearer information to help you identify the right one. It then used the product reference from there, to find it on Amazon.

And of course Amazon is so fast: old one broken at breakfast one day, new one arrived by 11am the next day.
on 22 February 2010
Brilliant. Having had the 12 cup cafetiere for lots of years it broke in the washing up. We kept the silver sleeve the glass fits into in the hope of getting a replacement. Checked on amazon and here it is. The dimesions are 18cm height, 12cm diameter but I have seen it described elsewhere with another dimension that includes the spout which threw me.
I see you can also buy replacement filters as well but ours is still going strong
Recommended
on 13 March 2017
Does it need 5 stars? I mean, it's a glass beaker. Saved myself about 12 quid in not having to buy a whole new cafetiere when the Mrs smashed the old glass beaker, which is a bonus.
on 27 May 2017
Perfect! Smashed my original when washing it - painfully fragile! Thankfully this replacement is the same as the original, even has the writing on it!
on 19 February 2013
We had been looking for a replacement glass for some time, after we had managed to break the glass in our cafetiere. I was a little nervous about buying one over the internet, but it came well packaged and was an original Bodum which fitted perfectly. The whole is a good piece of kit that makes good coffee and which is easy to use. Worthwhile using these quality products that using cheaper versions.
on 28 May 2017
A replacement for the original 35 year old glass beaker broken by accident. I hope the replacement will last as long.
on 18 March 2017
Arrived promptly after a disaster with my French press. Happy bunny now I can have fresh coffee in the morning.
on 1 April 2016
A great replacement for my mums 20+ year old gold Bodum cafetière. She was thrilled. Initially I thought it was too big but once i slowly slid it in it was a perfect tight fit. Speedy delivery? Securely packaged original Bodum product.
on 31 May 2016
Good replacement for Bodum cafeteria, fit both the metal housing after the handle screw is loosened. Good tight fit for the filter plunger, which is very important!