on 19 September 2016
The book arrived in great(new) condition. I am focusing on the Controller part of the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and I must say this book complements really well the Bluetooth standard document. The author of this book is the main person and reason BLE now exists, so the information is really adjusted to those developers who want to understand how everything works. I can only say that the price might be a bit too high, nonetheless it is a great book to have on the matter, probably the best book.
on 13 May 2014
This book spends an awful lot of words conveying very few facts. For example, the chapters on the attribute layers spend a long time introducing concepts in a particularly strange order.

Furthermore, much of this book seems to be about justifying why certain decisions were made in the design of BLE, to the point of reading like a sales pitch, rather than a developer handbook. In my opinion, developers just want to know the details of the system, not have to sift through large amounts of waffle about why things are a particular way.

I would not recommend this book to any experienced engineer, nor amateurs.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 September 2013
After reading the Bluetooth low energy specification, I found that I still didn't grasp the main concepts very well. After reading sections of this book my knowledge and understanding has greatly increased and I now feel more confident in explaining the main concepts now. I would highly recommend this book if you need a better understanding of LE.
on 30 January 2017
Great book when Bluetooth 4.0 was launched, with each subsequent release it's become a little less useful. Still good for the basics though.

I just hope Mr Heydon has an update in the pipeline now Bluetooth 5 has launched, especially with all the new capabilities.
on 16 September 2014
An emerging technology that's going to transform our lives like the mobile phone already has! Has all the details of how to implement solutions in a clear and concise format.
on 3 September 2013
The product order and delivery service was great..

The book itself if a good read, well, from what I have read so far. It is very relevant to what am doing at the moment and is putting a lot of the gargon into context, would recommend this book..
on 29 April 2015
Very good book! Here is everything which you need to know about Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
on 25 March 2015
Great book to help you understand Bluetooth Low Energy!
One person found this helpful
on 12 August 2015
Essential reading for serious BLE development
on 14 January 2014
It is a very good book with all good explanations. It is not a bible yet but I would say one of the best ones in the market.